BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm pretty devastated. The car only has 30,000 miles, and I already f****d it up. Please, anyone with some experience in this department, please let me know what you can make of this. The accident was a result of hydroplaning, and a car hitting my back right rim with the back side of their car. I am a new m5 owner, and I am beyond obsessed with my ride. Today sucked a fat one... Screen Shot 2014-06-25 at 8.34.57 PM.png

·
Registered
182 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
60mph and the hit went only to the suspension? If so you going to want a complete suspension including braking as well. But very very lucky there is zero body damage

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
66 Posts
Get it to a good body shop. My friend had something similar happen to his, cost about 5K to put it all back together, and that included painting the rear panels. Lots like the car did what it was designed to do, and absorbed the energy by parts breaking away. Worse thing that I could think of is the strut tower got torn, or the carriage connections points. But all those can be repaired also. Just depends on how much your insurance wants to invest back into it. Good luck.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all of the support, fellas. I am stunned that the car didn't take more of a hit to the body. I literally drove a rubber band powered p.o.s. rental from Dallas to Austin, with only my thoughts to keep me company. I am just hoping that the car drives the same after such a ****ty day..

·
Registered
251 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sorry that your first post had to be of this accident. Looks like a best case scenario scrape in a 60mph accident.

I'm trying to picture how this happened. Did the other vehicle hydroplane into you, or you into him, or were you both hydroplaning simultaneously?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Man that totally sucks! Sorry and I truely feel bad for you but I can't help laugh at the irony. Your name is auqateen and you hydroplaned

Hahahaha I just laughed so hard at that hihahiha

·
Registered
226 Posts
shieeeeet dude, id have that suspension looked at with a fine tooth comb and looked at again. I'm just worried about that differential, strut tower, and subframe

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
Def not a loss, but man that does suck big time......

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After a thorough look online, and a few one on ones with some M enthusiasts, here is what my list looks like (worst case):

front bumper (or maybe just a paint job i can't tell if there is structural damage from the pic), cost of air bags that deployed (passenger side front and back), rear rotor, caliper, pad, and assembly, rear axle (possible drive-shaft as well), rear differential (all the gearing inside), speed sensor and brake lines and fps monitoring system, rear tire, shock, strut, spring, bushings

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
975 Posts
the roads look dry for hydroplaning....

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
OK, this pic was taken 2 ours after the accident, "Smoorebmw". It was on i-35 at 3:00pm just south of Dallas. Look it up if you like. My car got ****ed and now you try ad give me ****. Thanks.
I was actually going to say the same thing so don't get angry if someone just points out what they see.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts