BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needed the rear tyres replacing so took the opportunity for a blast from London to Winchester to Micheldever Tyres (been recommended on this website by others). Quite impressed compared to Klik Fit and others I've used (never again) 2 x Eagle F1 GSD3s 255x40x17 for £222 all in was a fair price too.

Frank

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm using these......They were 'included on the back seat' when I bought the car. I wore out the ZZ1's and fitted them after I refurbished the wheels. Lots better than the 1's. The side walls are very stiff. We had trouble fitting them...at least getting them to take air was a problem!

I have no complaints, they appear to be very predictable wet or dry and don't produce the same smoke as the 1's:M5launch:

Mine are Y rated good for 187mph.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I am running Avon ZZ1s on the rear and ZZ3s on the front. I had plenty of rear end swing whilst on the way to Worthing going round lots of roundabouts in the wet. I do not doubt I would have had the same with any tyre in those conditions. It was a good adrenaline rush and I enjoyed having to keep on top of the situation.

Luckily I did not have the girlfriend in the car otherwise it would have had to have been a sensible drive.

Pip :M5launch:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Pip said:
I am running Avon ZZ1s on the rear and ZZ3s on the front. I had plenty of rear end swing whilst on the way to Worthing going round lots of roundabouts in the wet. I do not doubt I would have had the same with any tyre in those conditions. It was a good adrenaline rush and I enjoyed having to keep on top of the situation.

Luckily I did not have the girlfriend in the car otherwise it would have had to have been a sensible drive.

Pip :M5launch:
......... the 3's aint so playful :sad2: a big difference especially in the wet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts