BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the E60 M5 and the E63 M6 comes the need for tyres that can handle speeds over 300 km/h. I'm not sure but I think that the Continental Sport Contact 2 – M5 and M6 are deliverd with - are limited to 300 km/h. It's hard to find any 255/40 ZR 19 and 285/35 ZR19 tyres that are good for 330 km/h. Neither the Dunlop SP Super Sport nor the Michelin Pilot Sport is available in that size. I've read that the upcoming Aston Martin Vanquish S (Vmax 322 km/h) also has got 255/40 ZR 19 front tyres; what sort of tyres does Aston Martin use? Can other wheels be used? I welcome any suggestions. :confused:

·
Registered
223 Posts
...as i experienced the Eagle F1 ( in 265/40 17 ) on 300km/h for a couple of kilometers ..i would love to post a pic of my car :crying: after that trip. but i have none around yet. at approx. 290 the tyre went to hell and i thought i´ll be with him.

sad regards alex

pls do not buy the eagle f1
kauft euch bitte nicht die eagle f1

·
Registered
223 Posts
Gustav said:
What happened to the tyre? How did you notice it?
ummm well that´s easy to explain...:thumbsup:
the tyre burst away and i think it was a flat tyre for half a second and then it felt like i was riding one the pure rim. my bumper on back ripped off by some tyre pieces ( in fact it was the whole tyre) which flew off, my fuel tank looks like a screwed-up paper and the fuel tank twisted the bottom of my trunk, the specific rim look like 14" ( instead of 17" which it was before)ohh i forgot the paint job around the wheel house and the door ...pure metal silver instead of avus blue :eek: ....but at the end #0500 is still alive and i did not hit anything with the car while decelerating from two-ninety to zero....:eek:h:

regards from cold berlin

alex

·
Registered
223 Posts
kees said:
Ouch - when did this happen?

Good to hear you are safe though!
it was the 10th of dec.
(6° C outside. no rain and about 11 p.m.)

regards alex

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Wow that is absoluteluy crazy! You should be very very lucky to be alive! A cant beleive you manage to fix that situation. Impressive!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Autobahnraser said:
I've read that the upcoming Aston Martin Vanquish S (Vmax 322 km/h) also has got 255/40 ZR 19 front tyres; what sort of tyres does Aston Martin use? Can other wheels be used? I welcome any suggestions. :confused:
The Vanquish S uses the Yokohama AVS Sport I believe... The Vanquish does..

The New ContiSportContact 2 Vmax - World's Fastest Road Tire

CHARLOTTE, NC (September 2004) - Continental Tire North America, Inc. (CTNA) is introducing the new ContiSportContact 2 Vmax to the North American market.

This tire is the world's first road tire approved for speeds up to 220mph/360kmh. The ContiSportContact 2 Vmax was especially developed for ultra high-speed cars like Porsche and Ferrari. This tire is available in four sizes.

The starting point for this high-tech tire was the already proven ContiSportContact 2. To improve high-speed capability, the Continental engineers incorporated more tread grooves to attain maximum cooling of the ContiSportContact 2 Vmax tire, even when traveling at highest speeds. Furthermore, increased proportion of negative tread provides the driver with better handling on wet roads.

"The ContiSportContact 2 Vmax truly represents innovation and advanced technology in one. Not only that this tire is the first road tire approved for speeds up to 220mph/360kmh worldwide, its dynamic design also completes the modern ContiSportContact 2 Vmax style of today's sports cars," said Joe Maher, CTNA's product planning & brand development manager. "The ContiSportContact 2 Vmax is one more example of Continental's continued commitment to provide high quality and leading edge products to the North American market."

ContiSportContact 2 Vmax

The ContiSportContact 2 Vmax comes in the following four sizes:

* 245/35 ZR 19
* 275/30 ZR 19
* 235/35 ZR 19
* 315/25 ZR 19

1 - 8 of 8 Posts