BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need new tires because current Goodyear eagle F1 spinning non stop until 60-70MPH
its useless power below 60MPH
I was reading a lot and MICHELIN PS4S and toyo R888R proxes seems best
I know toyo are almost drag tyres and could be problem in wet weather but I live in country where is very little rain half year not raining and winter only sometimes. Cyprus :)
so I dont care much about wet weather.
other question if I give full throttle from start on good dry asphalt then car still will spinning? With Michelin tires? And how about Toyo R888R these should be even better but I read these are noisy
I just want solid traction from 0-60MPH if Michelin can handle my 720horses then it would be obvious choice.

if there is M5 owner with modded engine and such michelin tyres would be great.

I just dont want see this yellow traction control light blinking when I floor down from start :grin

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I think you answered your own question, the Toyo seem a good fit for your climate. I am not familiar with the Toyos but if its just grip you are after in the dry, then you should get them, but I hear they can be noisy also - and they dont last as long as the Michelins....again ok - if you can live with that.

Make sure its the R888R's you get as they are the newer tire.....I still think traction will be difficult in 1st gear unless you have Torque limiting in your tuning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts