BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
AC Schnitzer Type III 3pc wheels with tires will run about $5500 in the U.S.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Martin

There was an ad in BMW Car mag, last but one, for a set with tyres for 1200ukp.

I you want, I'll have a look and dig out the no. for you.

Also try a good tuning house like Birds or Rossiters, to see if they have a set in are soon to come in.

What do you need them for? Do you want a set for the track? If so maybe consider a lightweight wheel like the BBS RC or something similar and put some special tyres on.

Steve

·
Registered
781 Posts
GradX, i received a quote on the schnitzer wheels of between 1500-1600 each without tires! where did you buy your tires and wheels--sounds like a very good deal?

thanks

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the information, by the way I do not yet own an M5, so I've got no intentions to buy tires .

Martin

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
steveB-
I had a set of Schnitzer Type-IIs (silver, one-piece) in 18x8.5 on all four corners of an E39 540i six-speed (before the OEM set-up was staggered). I bought them from Discount Tire in Jacksonville, FL (same parent company as Discount Tire Direct--see Car & Driver ads) for $520/each, which was well below any other place I'd found. (At the time, I installed BFG g-Force KD's at 245/45-18 for about $320 a corner).

While the Type-IIIs will obviously cost more, they'll probably be less than what you've found. I'd try calling Discount Tire to see if they can order them for you.

·
Registered
311 Posts
steveB, sorry, but I pulled an Al Gore.

Damn fuzzy math...

Anyways, the AC-S Type 3 3pc 19" are in fact
about $1500 per wheel so that comes out to about $7k after all is said and done.

I thought about it and decided that it cost too much and I'd rather put the money towards the 360 modena fund

·
Registered
781 Posts
Teutonaddict, thanks for the information--i will call them and get a quote.

does anybody have any experience with 19 inch wheels on and M5?

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
I have the AC Schnitzer type III wheels on my carbon black 2000 M5. They are chrome and are a little on the expensive side. I kept the same size wheel as stock. (18s) The total package was about $5k. Very easy to clean and when they do get dirty, they look like the OEM wheels clean!

Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts