BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Company Representative for Valley Motorwerks
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My M5 has been sitting for some time and I just began driving it again. Today the DSP amp starting dropping speakers intermittently, my rearview mirror is going to leak soon... and the cel is on. I've sent off the mirror and will read out the codes today, car runs great though. looks like O2 sensor and loose fuel cap, no worries. Soooo what I am going to do is this:

1. Replace all 4 O2 sensors
2. Replace fuel cap
3. Install the AVIN unit and JBL MS-8 amp along with a complete BSW speaker setup incl subs.
4. Replace all my seat leather and door panels and wood trim with "new"
5. Replace all 4 door shells, shadow trim (mine have bondo a no no)
6. replace the left front fender
7. COMPLETE respray

Then I can drive it again

In the meantime I've got a 1999 VW Jetta to sport around in since my E30M3 is getting an engine refresh.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I'd love to check out your audio setup when you're done, my only real complaint with the car is lack of Bluetooth connectivity but I don't really want any cheesy standalone solutions.

·
Company Representative for Valley Motorwerks
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nate I hear you.. until the AVIN came out I was going to live with the oem stuff but I think it is time to upgrade. I bought a bad DSP amp a few weeks ago to harvest the connectors from, now mine went out, doh! I will document heavily as I go through the process but with 100plus temps I will delay some of the work.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Nate I hear you.. until the AVIN came out I was going to live with the oem stuff but I think it is time to upgrade. I bought a bad DSP amp a few weeks ago to harvest the connectors from, now mine went out, doh! I will document heavily as I go through the process but with 100plus temps I will delay some of the work.
If only you had some kind of shop that was shaded and full of tools to work in... :)

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
I'd love to check out your audio setup when you're done, my only real complaint with the car is lack of Bluetooth connectivity but I don't really want any cheesy standalone solutions.
Install the BMW ULF module and mic. Bluetooth connectivity issue solved.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Install the BMW ULF module and mic. Bluetooth connectivity issue solved.
I had considered that, but the 13th gen ULFs are crazy expensive for what you get (or at least they were last I checked). For $800, I'd probably just spend a bit more and redo the whole system with modern Nav, native iPod, etc.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts