BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know about a modification that has to be done to the exhaust on the B8 for it to be road worthy on uk roads?

I cant think why? Anyone any ideas?

thanks for any help :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Tinker

Any idea how much it will set me back?

all the best
adam

·
Registered
40 Posts
Adam said:
Does anyone know about a modification that has to be done to the exhaust on the B8 for it to be road worthy on uk roads?

I cant think why? Anyone any ideas?

thanks for any help :M5thumbs:

Hi Adam,

It is quite an easy job registering a B8 in the UK - I have done a few already so am quite used to it! - Firstly you need to obtain a commission notice letter from BMW GB (about £65 - you have to send them a photocopy of the original log bok normally) then you need to use this letter to get a type approval certificate from the VCA (about £65 again) After this you need an MOT certificate and a V55 form from the DVLA. Once you have completed the form you can give all the documents to them (you also need the original log book or a letter from BMW dating the vehicle for the reg. letter) along with a fee of about £35 plus the cost of either 6 or 12 months road tax. It should all take about two and a half weeks - not as bad as it looks!!

Hope this helps

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jon,

Thank you very much! :)

all the best
adam

·
Registered
456 Posts
If you want I can send you a copy of my type approval, might save you some time. PM me if you want and I'll scan details through

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That would be fantastic, thank you very much, ill pm you :)

all the best
adam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts