BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sizes limit my selection and I'm trying to get the best bang for the buck on a car that is only driven in dry hot weather and max about 5k a year.

I'm looking at 255/35/19 front and 285/30/19 rear.

Two questions:

1. Anybody have a comparison between the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 and the Nitto INVO? Both are at a great price point.

2. Any reason not to consider these two options based on my driving pattern (low miles on dry hot days)?

Thanks... Richard...

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Richard,

Even though I am running diferent sizes, I have the Hankook's. As you mentioned, the price point was very reasonable from my point of view. Minimal tire noise; excellent dry road handling and grip. Can't testify to wet weather handling since....well, I dont do wet weather with my car.
My only complaint is that if you let the car sit for 4-5 days or more, the 1st 3-5 miles or so, the tires are lumpy until they warm up.

In my climate, for the way I drive, I will buy again at that price.

Hope this helps.

Steve

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Richard,

Even though I am running diferent sizes, I have the Hankook's. As you mentioned, the price point was very reasonable from my point of view. Minimal tire noise; excellent dry road handling and grip. Can't testify to wet weather handling since....well, I dont do wet weather with my car.
My only complaint is that if you let the car sit for 4-5 days or more, the 1st 3-5 miles or so, the tires are lumpy until they warm up.

Hope this helps.

Steve
so realistically your car isnt a daily driver then? :eek:oohhh:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Steve, I'm leaning in the Hankook V12 direction.

Richard,

Hope this helps.

Steve

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
so realistically your car isnt a daily driver then? :eek:oohhh:
Poor mis-informed boy.....I live in SoCal hommie. The few days a year we get rain I drive a Yukon XL. Nice try.

Did ya locate a Vorsteiner hood yet? hiha

·
Registered
789 Posts
The Hankooks are very good for their price point and probably will hold their own to the limits most of us can drive on the street against the "well known" brands. PS2's are great tires but not that much better for the limited highly spirited driving most of us would do even 5-10K miles a year.

I am not a fan of the INVO's and I have had them for a few thousand miles and they took them back for me. My choices would be V12's unless they didn't come the size I needed and then the PS2's or Bridgestones S-04. I cannot seem to like the Conti's no matter what.

You won't regret the decision to go with Hankook V12's.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Alpine. I'm very familiar with the PS2 and I'm ashamed to admit that I've four 9.5" OEM wheels with them and another stagger set with PS2 on the front (8") and Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric on rear (9.5").

The staggered set is on my 540iT and the squared set is sitting in storage.

Thanks...

The Hankooks are very good for their price point and probably will hold their own to the limits most of us can drive on the street against the "well known" brands. PS2's are great tires but not that much better for the limited highly spirited driving most of us would do even 5-10K miles a year.

I am not a fan of the INVO's and I have had them for a few thousand miles and they took them back for me. My choices would be V12's unless they didn't come the size I needed and then the PS2's or Bridgestones S-04. I cannot seem to like the Conti's no matter what.

You won't regret the decision to go with Hankook V12's.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well, I just got the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 for $800 on my door step and I'm getting a $60 rebate too, so $740.

Yes for 255/35/19 front and 285/30/19 rear :thumbsup:

Ordered yesterday and they arrived UPS today.

·
Registered
506 Posts
A little late since you already got them, but I have 255/35/19 front, 285/30/19 rear SSR GT3 wheels with the Hankook Ventus V12s.

I drive my car 6-7 days a week in all sorts of weather (from 25 degrees F in the winter to 110 degrees F in the summer).
I've had the tires on for about 10K miles and they are wearing very nicely so far in a mix of mostly highway and some spirited back country driving.
They provide excellent dry traction, good wet traction and they are very quiet.
They're not great in cold weather, they understeer noticeably below about 50 degrees.
At only about 800 dollars including installation they were a bargain.

Very satisfied to date, will definitely be looking at them again when this set is gone.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just bought them as well. Waxed the rims with the new tires and swapped the winter set yesterday -- finally!! Haven't driven them yet but with the rebate and the reviews seems like a no brainer!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts