BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These came out of my 2002 M5 and I'm not planning on using them for my next audio build. One of them is missing the plastic trim ring (broken by installer), but they are available separately from JL. They have some tape left on them from the last mounting and a few light scratches from being in the trunk, but nothing major. I'd like to get $250 plus shipping for the pair.

Pictures:

Sub 1 (no trim ring):

Sub 2:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Were these in a box or mounted on the rear deck? Interested if the latter is the case

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Were these in a box or mounted on the rear deck? Interested if the latter is the case

Both. When I got the car they were mounted in the deck, but I had them mounted in custom boxes because they sound much better that way. May I ask why it matters?

·
Registered
596 Posts
I would assume space reasons.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Both. When I got the car they were mounted in the deck, but I had them mounted in custom boxes because they sound much better that way. May I ask why it matters?
I really don't want to put a box in the trunk and have been looking for good alternatives to the m audio subs I currently have in the rear deck. Basically have been wanting a simple and easy swap for the subs.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really don't want to put a box in the trunk and have been looking for good alternatives to the m audio subs I currently have in the rear deck. Basically have been wanting a simple and easy swap for the subs.

These will fit in the rear deck. Whether or not they just bolt up like the stock subs I have no idea. They sounded good when I had them free air in the rear deck, but keep in mind that if you want the best sound out of them a box is a necessity. These are not designed to be free air subs in the rear deck, but they certainly won't disappoint compared to the stockers.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Here's what I did with a pair of 12's. My friend CNC'd it out of plywood. If I did it again, I would mount them to the bottom baffle. It hangs from 3 3/8 bolts through the rear deck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts