BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my M in for oil, diff, micro-filter change yesterday at BMW of Sterling. I had my 2.5 year old daughter in tow. When she realized we were leaving the M at the dealer she started crying and saying "no keep fast car!". She calls the M the "fast car". The service advisor laughed and sayed "now that is an enthuisist!!!!!!".
We got a 2006 330 and went next door to the Ferrari dealer to see what was in the show room. Well, in the service bays they had 3 F40's!!!!!!!!!! WOW!! What a beautiful site!! The one had only 220 miles! It belonged to the owner of the dealership, who was selling it to another gentlemen.
They had a nice 1999 355 F1 spider for $125,000, they seemed eager to move it, just had major service done.
Question? Do you buy the Ferrari or a '06 M3 convertible for the wife?? She needs SMG, can't drive manuel tranny. :confused:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,977 Posts
rodman31 said:
I had my 2.5 year old daughter in tow. When she realized we were leaving the M at the dealer she started crying and saying "no keep fast car!". She calls the M the "fast car".

Do you buy the Ferrari or a '06 M3 convertible for the wife?? She needs SMG, can't drive manuel tranny. :confused:
Congrats on the 2.5 yo girl, and her knowing the difference between cars!

I´ve never owned a F, but I think it can be slightly different from a BMW when it comes to hours spent at the service per hours driven.
Conclusion: you might just as well buy two while you are at it.

David

·
Registered
240 Posts
That's a cute story! My girls are older, but do love the "M". It reminds them of the roller coasters at the amusement parks!

Eric

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,318 Posts
rodman31 said:
I took my M in for oil, diff, micro-filter change yesterday at BMW of Sterling. I had my 2.5 year old daughter in tow. When she realized we were leaving the M at the dealer she started crying and saying "no keep fast car!". She calls the M the "fast car". The service advisor laughed and sayed "now that is an enthuisist!!!!!!".
We got a 2006 330 and went next door to the Ferrari dealer to see what was in the show room. Well, in the service bays they had 3 F40's!!!!!!!!!! WOW!! What a beautiful site!! The one had only 220 miles! It belonged to the owner of the dealership, who was selling it to another gentlemen.
They had a nice 1999 355 F1 spider for $125,000, they seemed eager to move it, just had major service done.
Question? Do you buy the Ferrari or a '06 M3 convertible for the wife?? She needs SMG, can't drive manuel tranny. :confused:
So, where's the pictures of the 3 F40's? I saw a service bay with an Enzo, F50 and F40 side by side...I sure wish I had my camera then! :eek:

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The salesman asked me if I had a camera phone, I barely know how to turn the one I have on!! LOL!!
I will call tomorrow, if they are still there I will drive out and take pics!! I have the day off anyway!! :1:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Is Manuel Tranny a cross-dressing Mexican?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts