BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Officially registered for December 15-17th. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Needless to say, I am excited. Have any of you done this course?

Expect an in depth and detailed review from me in a few weeks!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I did a 1 day course a few years back and it was awesome.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Officially registered for December 15-17th. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Needless to say, I am excited. Have any of you done this course?

Expect an in depth and detailed review from me in a few weeks!
I plan to do the same in spring.
I understand you get full value for every penny spent $3295.00.
Do you get a helmet as well?:biggrin:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yes you will enjoy

The class was awesome and the cars are unreal M3, M5 & M6. They all have their strong points. The instructors are great they treat you like a VIP's while you are there. the race day was the best I was worn out after that day was done. Just keeping your line and remembering all the advice and lessons. You will have a blast! don't forget CCA discount it makes a difference
Dave

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
What they are teaching there?
BMW North America

Two-Day M School

M cars represent the zenith of BMW's quest to find the joy of driving. M School utilizes the mighty M5, M6 and M3 to hone your driving skills in preparation of those times when the road or track calls out for a more spirited driving experience.

The first day puts an emphasis on developing elementary high-performance driving capabilities by demanding precision and skill refinement. Exercises will take place on the slalom, autocross, wet skid pad and the Real Roads course.

Day Two challenges you to be more assertive and put the car through its paces. We'll add advanced driving techniques like trail-braking and demand better cornering transitions. The car is ready. Are you?

Tuition includes two nights lodging and meals for school days, M branded polo, gear bag and jacket and custom painted M School helmet. All participants must hold a valid driver's license

Cost: $3,295

So, are YOU ready? ;)

Reactions: Burnout_187

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Uuh, i allways wanted M logo polo ;)
I prefer that iam spending $3,295 to the car for updates ;)
In fact the money spent on instruction could make the car, (read: driver) faster than if spent on upgrades. Although teaching trail braking on a 2 day course seems odd. Do they require previous instruction for the course?

I really would like to do more driving events. The funny thing is I can participate in a lot of them at our local track for free through a buddy who works for BMW. I've done them before but I just don't like the fact that I'm not insured the whole time! Being able to drive a track car instead of my own would be nice.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Uuh, i allways wanted M logo polo ;)
I prefer that iam spending $3,295 to the car for updates ;)
I'm actually only going for the polo :grinyes:

Just kidding. But I'm elated....and am sure it's worth every penny. I also would love to put the money towards car toys, but the way I see it, one of the biggest performance upgrades I can get for my car is the knowledge and experience gained from a driving school like this. It's always been a dream of mine to take this course....just hoping we get some decent whether! What's the east coast like in December?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Is that really the price? Yikes. I'll take a month on the beach thanks!
That is the two day M school price and you get I think 10% BMWCCA discount.
A month on the beach is nothing compared to the M training school.
It is about preferences however.:D

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Food for thought

What good is a $3300 power mod if you can't properly drive your M to its potential?

;)

·
Registered
911 Posts
Agreed, but many good experiences come with cost.
hehe, driving 1/4 year in very bad weather, ice snow ice snow. So there the experience comes ;) cherrsagai

Basically driving school is a nice thing. If you really learn some new and useful driving skills.
After the school keep posting what they teach to you and other intresting stuff :wroom:

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
After the school keep posting what they teach to you and other intresting stuff :wroom:
If you want him to post the info, it'll cost $2500 :santasmile2:

Reactions: JCM55555
1 - 20 of 42 Posts