BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres the full story the two cars racing were mine and corjans both with 2 passengers each so three people in each car, one of the passengers was berlin thunder, we were racing on the signal of 321 countdown from third gear we did this several times and then we swapped cars i drove corjans and he drove mine with speeds of up to 240kmh on a 2 lane road, the result corjans is quicker than mine even though his boot was empty and mine was full up i dont think it would have made alot of difference hes would still have been quicker than mine and he has the benefit of two new turbos from alpina where my turbos are whistling so i will rebuild for the ultimate test for the high speed answer which we all want to know. anyway it was fun we had dinner with corjan and his partner and a few drinks and he paid for it all, very nice man, hes very down to earth thanks again corjan for everything. we also did amsterdam and the sailing show with alex that was a good laugh and we also have a few pictures and alex should be doing them soon. :M5launch: cherrsagai

·
Registered
223 Posts
yeah it was a cool day. the sailing show was quite cool but the biturbo racing was a lot better :M5launch: .

we came to amsterdam in the morning and met roger (m5killer) and his girlfriend. we saw each other the first time and i have to say , roger is a cool guy and ( to say it in his words ) real down to earth. we had a cool day in amsterdam and we did a little sightseeing :D .
we have to thank you roger for the dinner and especially i have to say thanks for the hartge strut brace. it looks like new :pmmmmmm

in the evening we drove up to cor-jan.the ride itself was nice although we had a few problems to keep up with roger´s biturbo ....but we made it somehow:wroom:
it took us a few hrs to find cor-jan ´s town ....but with the navigation system from roger everything went the right way...

we arrove at cor-jan and he and his wife gave us a nice welcome and we went into a small pup with live music. Again i have to say thanks for dinner because cor-jan paid for all. thanks man.After it we saw a "fake biturbo with e36 rims on it" near the pup.we made a few pictures just to show the fake one how real alpina cars look like. C-J invited us to his house and we were running over the pages of old biturbo magazines :M5rev: and we philosophized over acceleration times and tuning possibilities and a lot other things.
Then we decided to do a comparison between the cars.

we did several rolling start tests in 3rd gear ( from 80-90 km/h up to *** and from 120km/h up to *** ) and both time cor-jan was quicker. in my opinion it was up to the new turbos. they spool up that quick:eek:oohhh: i couldn´t believe it. my beast is running on 1.9 / 2.0 bar and c-j´s biturbo ( stock boost )felt way faster than mine:sad2: :D .

We stopped at a gas station to change the driver. roger took c-j´s car and the other way around.
After several tests we had to say goodbye.
Roger left with his girlfriend towards london and we left at 0.30 am towards berlin.

After all it was nice to meet you guys and next time we´ll meet in berlin to do some "legal" :1: tests on our `autobahn´.

Cheers Alex

p.s. enclosed you´ll find a couple of pics. I also made a small videos but i couldn´t attach it:crying:

Attachments

·
Registered
885 Posts
hi guys,

it was really nice meeting you,shame it was a bit short.Next time we can make it a bit longer in Londen,Belgium or Berlin.(or again at my place of course) :)

I had never driven another bi-turbo and i'm glad to have had the chance now.It's funny how two the same cars can have a different 'feel',rojers car felt real smooth,it made me realize that some improvements can be made on mine.

As for the turbo's,i don't know if the new one's are an improvement by Garret(as we discussed)but i will ask Alpina.The throttle response is indeed much better then before,almost like on a n/a engine.Also it is a bit strange that the boost only goes to 1.7 on high rpm's and the car is still a lot faster then before when it was running 1.8.

cheers,Cor-Jan :cheers:

p.s @Alex; shame you can't post the video

·
Registered
885 Posts
As for the turbo's,i don't know if the new one's are an improvement by Garret(as we discussed)but i will ask Alpina.The throttle response is indeed much better then before,almost like on a n/a engine.Also it is a bit strange that the boost only goes to 1.7 on high rpm's and the car is still a lot faster then before when it was running 1.8.
Car is running on 1.8bar boost now.The gauge was stock on 1.0bar so we decided to check it out.A leak in the vacuum-hose caused the problem.Throttle feel was a bit jerky before and is now completely linear.Boost is 1.8 at 2200rpm( :eek:h: ) and stays all the way. :M5launch:
Also slow driving is very nice now,stationairy in 2nd gear at 700rpm without any hesitations. :)

:cheers: C-J

·
Registered
223 Posts
Cor-Jan said:
Car is running on 1.8bar boost now.The gauge was stock on 1.0bar so we decided to check it out.A leak in the vacuum-hose caused the problem.Throttle feel was a bit jerky before and is now completely linear.Boost is 1.8 at 2200rpm( :eek:h: ) and stays all the way. :M5launch:
Also slow driving is very nice now,stationairy in 2nd gear at 700rpm without any hesitations. :)

:cheers: C-J
**** , that means your car could have been faster as it was... i can´t believe this.:sad2: so i´ll find a way to improve the acceleration of mine :haha2:

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks like im going to have to get a third turbo to keep up with corjan, imputting mine in on thursday to be checked at mj engineering. ps nice email alex that dog does not look very comfortable does he. hiha

·
Registered
223 Posts
A.G said:
Alex and Roger , i guess the best way is to do like C-J did , let the "boys in Buchloe" look at your cars ! :) :)

Ando
Ando,
maybe the best way is, you´re going to tell me and roger the part number of your injectors :) ...send me a privat mail or a normal email if you want :blabla: PLEASSEEEEEE;)

·
Registered
420 Posts
The only problem is that only bigger injectors don´t help , you must also "remapp" the "boxes" so the engine works 100% with the new equipment.
As we talked about in Buchloe , you have to make a trip to Sweden then I can take you to someone who really can this things :M5thumbs:

Ando

·
Registered
223 Posts
A.G said:
The only problem is that only bigger injectors don´t help , you must also "remapp" the "boxes" so the engine works 100% with the new equipment.
As we talked about in Buchloe , you have to make a trip to Sweden then I can take you to someone who really can this things :M5thumbs:

Ando
i think i´ll visit you someday:wroom: ( maybe M5killer and C-J are joining so we can get a discount mmmmmm )

cheers alex

·
Registered
885 Posts
A.G said:

Ando
Ando you made me curious.What exactly has been done to your car and how does it perform?

regards, C-J

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ando the price your man is charging is too much for the whole job but iwill come to you for remapping, the injectors i will get much much cheaper here because i have very good contacts for porsche parts, so your friend will still make his money on the remapping so give us the part numbers or alex will send in the special unit from germany to pick you up whie you are sleeping in your bed hiha hiha hiha

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hi C-J .

As we all know by now the biggest problem with the BT(exept the driver :D ) is the heat ! To make it simple it´s beacause of to small injectors( 305 cc / 61 hp / pcs !) and not enough fuel ! When you change injectors to bigger ones and "remapp" the "boxes" the engine gets much more "freedom".

When I changed my turbos last year(and manifolds) I decided that I wanted to do this operation , so now the turbopressure are 1,0 (o,8 original) and it gives aprox 400+ hp and 600+ Nm.
The preformance is ..... ok :D

If you raise the turbopressure WITHOUT bigger injectors you will have problems after a while ouich

The most important thing is that the person who makes this "operation" knows what he are doing , it´s not a "mail order chip" operation !!

Regards
Ando

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ando we already know this but thanks for the lesson, now teach us the lesson which states the porsche part number and then we stillhave to come to you anyway for the remap and you can clean my car for me as well and alexs and corjans, that will give you something to do while we are being remapped and then i will pay for the after party and live entertainment hiha :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
theres only one trooper and hes on 3 weeks vacation somewhere in germany i wonder who it could be? hiha hiha

·
Registered
420 Posts
BAD NEWS !!!!!!!!!!!!
Back from the garage I can inform you that the part number were removed ! :eek:oohhh: I guess they want to keep their secret what they are doing with the cars hmmm
I will make a phone call tomorrow and we will se if I can find something hmmm

Ando

·
Registered
885 Posts
Ando,some of your acceleration times would be interesting.Have you done some 100-200km runs?Especially a 100-240 measurment would interest me.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts