BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please help me with these annoying problems

1. whenever I shift into reverse gear, my right rearview mirror angles/faces downward... the left rearview mirror doesn't move. how do I stop the right rearview mirror from moving?

2. whenever I start the engine, the car automatically turns on AC... how do I turn off AC or heater completely?

p.s. I'm using a flash drive to listen to music but I don't know how to repeat the same song... how do I set it to repeat/shuffle songs on my flash drive?

·
Registered
917 Posts
please help me with these annoying problems

1. whenever I shift into reverse gear, my right rearview mirror angles/faces downward... the left rearview mirror doesn't move. how do I stop the right rearview mirror from moving?

2. whenever I start the engine, the car automatically turns on AC... how do I turn off AC or heater completely?

p.s. I'm using a flash drive to listen to music but I don't know how to repeat the same song... how do I set it to repeat/shuffle songs on my flash drive?
1. There is a switch to control which side view mirror will be controlled by the directional keys for adjustment purposes. If you select the right hand side mirror, it will not go down. Also, read the manual :)

2. I am not aware if any way to permanently stop the heat/ac. If you disable it once, I think it retains it for next time (only once). But other than that, I am not sure.

·
Registered
159 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
I don't. Mine remembers whatever I set it too last
Might be a quirk of the US models. Even if I shut off the car with the A/C off, when I turn it back on the A/C is on with the fan at the lowest setting.

·
Registered
431 Posts
The A/C is switched on at start up, but it may not be actually blowing very much. Having it on and available lets the climate control system keep moisture out of the cabin and off the windows, since the A/C provides dry air.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Every single BMW i have after my E32 has the A/C problem. E32 didn't, but E38, E39 and now my E60 does!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
1. Solved via the other's comments above. But I actually like this feature. Prevents curb rash when parallel parking.

2. Mine comes on as well. I think it's a US spec thing. I don't know of a way to disable it but if you find one, let me know.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
It's not a US thing. It will only memorize settings for a short period of time. Park it any longer and the A/C comes right back on again on ignition!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts