BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 334 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Considering the stock M5 already keeps up with Porches, Ferraris, and Lamborghinis. I'd love to see what this beast is capable of. Although I wish they'd find some better wheels.

·
Registered
696 Posts
wow.......simply wow....ouich

if its true......

I did a quick search on the net and found nothing about currency motors and the TT M5

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
It would seem to have been a well-kept secret. Nothing about it on the internet. Also couldn't find anything on 'Currency Motors'. Maybe they are rolling it out as a surprise to create the biggest splash along with some mystique for market interest. If someone could scan the article that would be cool...surely an interesting read.

Dave

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I'd certainly love to know where they put those things. After getting intimate with the engine compartment this past weekend taking out my headlight assemblies, I have no idea where they could possible fit 2 turbos. Backseat, trunk????ouich

·
Registered
131 Posts
Nice....

It's definitely legit..... Look at the intercooler in these pics....

Very interested!! :thumbsup:

Considering the stock M5 already keeps up with Porches, Ferraris, and Lamborghinis. I'd love to see what this beast is capable of.
Can you say :byee55amg

Attachments

·
Registered
566 Posts
Just add wings!!

That's crazy, got to read up on that! Avry I hear them calling you.....Twin turbos!:M5rev:

·
Premium Member
8,806 Posts
From another thread...

M500 AED said:
The current issue of the British monthly magazine "BMW Car" has a front cover splash "Twin Turbo M5".

The car it turns out is a product of Currency Motors in California!
Where did they put the turbos? Where the tailpipes and rear silencers/mufflers are normally that's where!
Claims 800 bhp with 588bhp at the rear wheels. Hoping to make 240 mph top speed. Projected price for further examples $350,000.

Will the SMG and the rear diff take I think to myself!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
MarxM3 said:
It's definitely legit..... Look at the intercooler in these pics....

Very interested!! :thumbsup:

Can you say :byee55amg
Uh that's just race mesh they use for kidney grills. The intercooler you can see lower down.

Frank.

·
Registered
650 Posts
BMW Car article about E60 M5 twin turbo

Since I posted this pointer to the magazine, there have been a couple of calls for someone to scan and post the feature.
I understand your interest guys, but I feel that only a short extract is appropiate, since the magazine has Copyright on their article.
I don't want to take bread from their mouths.

But if anyone wants details of the back-issues or subscription contacts, I will be happy to help.

·
Registered
49,475 Posts
Good point and I agree. It's amazing project, but at $350 000 :confused:

M500 AED said:
Since I posted this pointer to the magazine, there have been a couple of calls for someone to scan and post the feature.
I understand your interest guys, but I feel that only a short extract is appropiate, since the magazine has Copyright on their article.
I don't want to take bread from their mouths.

But if anyone wants details of the back-issues or subscription contacts, I will be happy to help.

1 - 20 of 334 Posts