BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

I'm ordering my sapphire black M6 with indianapolis red leather (mireno full leather) and black piano lack this week. (should arrive week 51!)

I'm getting the following options:

* PDC
* prof. navi system
* cd changer
* logic 7 hifi
* bluetooth carkit

I'm just wondering If I should take the TV function or not cause the factory tuner doesn't play while riding (not for me but fun for the passenger) and is rather expensive...

I also have other questions about it:

Can the factory TV function also play DVD through the DVD player of your prof. navi system or an external DVD player through a VIDEO AUX.?

Maybe somebody can recommend some other systems that play TV/video on prof navi system on new M5/M6 models?

greeetz

Crusader

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well, I used to have TV function in my E46 M3-04. To be honest I really didn´t use it a lot. It was nice in the beginning. I think I was happy to have it only twice, once when my ex was shopping clothes and once when I got stuck in traffic. So for me its really not worth the money. But as I always say : Taste is individual.
--- By the way congrats to your newly ordered M6. I´m waiting too.---
Regds/ M. :cheers:

·
Registered
829 Posts
Mad_Al said:
btw, do the m5 and m6 with tv function come with lcd screens in the headrest?
No not standard.

You could have it done thought Individual but there is no standard entertainment package for the backseats for the M6, wouldn't make much sense though, have you seen the space there is back there?!
The M5 does have an entertainment package for the back.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
frylord said:
The M5 does have an entertainment package for the back.
There is no factory fitted TV system for the rear of the M5. It is available for other E60 cars through BMW Individual but the system can only be fitted to Comfort Seats which are not available on the M5. I had an aftermarket version fitted to mine which is fine.

I had the TV function on my previous car (E39 M5) but decided against it for my E60. I hardly ever used it and at 900 Euros it's a complete ripoff. My aftermarket DVD system is setup so that I can watch movies on the I-drive screen as well as the headrest screens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts