BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, after reading a lot abou it in this forum, I finally fininshed instalation of the MKIV retrofit kit on my 2000 M5 ( at the dealer). I downloaded the V25 firmware.

I also installed myself the TNonnav kit. The image quality is very good even when the car is moving at high speed, but there is no audio at all on the TV mode. Radio/tape works fine. I do not have a map dvd disc yet. Also there is a mute sign written in the screen, which appears as soon as I turn the TV on, and disappears the next moment.

There was one cable from the retorfit kit that wasn`t installed. See pictures attached. Does it have anything to do with the problem?

What could that be? The V25 program? A problem with the video module? Any fuses? Will the same problem occur when I install a DVD player? The audio source for the Tv is different from the one from the radio?

I`d appreciate any help. Thanks a lot!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
M5Brazil said:
Ok, after reading a lot abou it in this forum, I finally fininshed instalation of the MKIV retrofit kit on my 2000 M5 ( at the dealer). I downloaded the V25 firmware.

I also installed myself the TNonnav kit. The image quality is very good even when the car is moving at high speed, but there is no audio at all on the TV mode. Radio/tape works fine. I do not have a map dvd disc yet. Also there is a mute sign written in the screen, which appears as soon as I turn the TV on, and disappears the next moment.

There was one cable from the retorfit kit that wasn`t installed. See pictures attached. Does it have anything to do with the problem?

What could that be? The V25 program? A problem with the video module? Any fuses? Will the same problem occur when I install a DVD player? The audio source for the Tv is different from the one from the radio?

I`d appreciate any help. Thanks a lot!
Is there is BMW Part Number on the Video Module ? If so ... Could you please post it here.

Have you tried having V26 installed. It might help !

Many Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts