BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
yes but it will cost about $1500 there is a part they have to ship from europe

·
1,764 Posts
Is there a way to enable the TV and DVD playing function for the US?
Are you doing this so your kids will like the car? Then, don't do it. You might find a dealer who would put it in, but they are not allowed legally to enable it in the U.S. So they probably won't even offer to install it.

No front seat video, TV or DVD is legal here. Ya gotta do it yourself or find a hungry local install company.

:cheers:

·
Registered
176 Posts
is not true, its legal read the specs on x5 , x5 has fron dvd player as well, you can play anything you want in the fron dvd, i play with that my self, in my friends 08 x5

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
In the US, don't bother.... In 2009, the TV broadcasters will stop broadcasting analog signals. They will transition over to digital TV using the ATSC standard. Europe is already transmitting digital with DVB-T, which is completely incompatibile with ATSC.

I am in Asia right now and in the hotel limo, it is a brand new MB S series with TV....very sharp...

·
1,764 Posts
is not true, its legal read the specs on x5 , x5 has fron dvd player as well, you can play anything you want in the fron dvd, i play with that my self, in my friends 08 x5
When a car is in motion, the driver is not suppose to be able to see it. When stopped or in the shotgun seat it doesn't matter.

An overwhelming majority of states has imposed content-neutral legislation
that governs screen placement. Specifically, thirty-six states have restricted
screen location to address issues of driver distraction and to
promote traffic safety. This legislation prohibits the operation of screens
that are visible to the driver of the television-enabled car, and in some
states, screens that are located in the driver’s area.

There is a rear seat DVD player for X5. What spec are you referring to?

There are a lot of third party DVD players you can add to any BMW and they usually don't abide by the U.S. saftey laws.

cherrsagai

·
Registered
992 Posts
That's why all multimedia units have the parking brake sensor...I just disabled mine on my Alpine head unit so I could watch movies in my old SUV.

·
1,764 Posts
That's why all multimedia units have the parking brake sensor...I just disabled mine on my Alpine head unit so I could watch movies in my old SUV.
Cool!

:blink:

·
Registered
649 Posts
Is there a way to enable the TV and DVD playing function for the US?
NO..i aksed for my E50 M5 our new generation BMW's us fiber optics, so it's not possible without the dealer providing software and codes, and since no delaer in the US has that we cant install on our cars
http://www.bimmernav.com/index.html If it could be done these guys would tell us......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts