BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Turing Off the AC

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  IRISH M5 
#1 ·
Is there anyway to make it so the fan and heater or ac is all off when you turn on the car. In other words the temp indicator would be blank. I'm having to turn it off manually each time I start the car. One thing though, the previous owner swapped out the original nav system and in dash screen with a Alpine system. This means, I do not have access the menu buttons or any other buttons on the dash around the screen. I know, what a bummer. Thanks

#3 ·
Probably right, but when I make a climate control change, it reverts back the first time, but it seems to "stick" the second time I make the same change.

So, try turning off the AC/fan BEFORE turning off the car, and see if the car "remembers" the setting after 2 or 3 consecutive tries when shutting down.
Regards,
Jerry

#4 ·
Probably right, but when I make a climate control change, it reverts back the first time, but it seems to "stick" the second time I make the same change.

So, try turning off the AC/fan BEFORE turning off the car, and see if the car "remembers" the setting after 2 or 3 consecutive tries when shutting down.
Regards,
Jerry
Exactly right, mine stayed off after the 3rd consecutive try. Although sometimes it does revert back and turn on (on the lowest setting) when I start up the car.

#6 ·
Mine does, it is set that way, so when I shut the car down it "remembers" the setting. I never use the AUTO feature, but set the vents, air recirc, fan speed and temp manually.
Regards,
Jerry

#8 ·
This has bugged me as long as I've owned the car. Mine remembers the settings, but only if you re-start the car within 5 min or so. I remember reading somewhere, maybe even the owners manual, that this was a dealer activated option..like the DRL's. But asking the service manager, he disagreed and said all e39's do this for fresh ventilation. Not sure if I completely buy it. Still looking for a way to permanently kill it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.