BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to some how do a turbo on our shop car. Any comments / suggestions appreciated!

Thanks,
Jay

·
Registered
81 Posts
Contact Ultimate Auto Accessories in Edison NJ, talk to Tony Baretto. I talked to him a while ago about doing a supercharger set up on my m5, he seemed to know what he was talking about. He currently is working on his 700hp M3. That, or contact Rogue Engineering. They did the m3 engine setup in the 330i for the forman at the BMW dealership that i get serviced at.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
To my knowledge, the only place that has the knowledge for this procedure is in the UK. They turbocharged a 540i a couple years back. A SC is a much simpler install on an M5 then a turbocharger setup. Wish I could provide more info, but I think you would be the first to try this setup.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, appreciate the help. I think I'm going to going this Tony character a call. I got my car from open road, so might as well keep it in jersey. I'll keep you guys posted.

Jay

·
Registered
81 Posts
I got my car at open road aswell :M5thumbs: Ultimate Auto is only a mile or 2 away. Its at the shopping center with the home depot, office max, macdonalds and applebees.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EvilTommy said:
I got my car at open road aswell :M5thumbs: Ultimate Auto is only a mile or 2 away. Its at the shopping center with the home depot, office max, macdonalds and applebees.
oh ill be out there in half an hour... or less depending on traffic

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EvilTommy said:
Hey, how's your experience with there service department?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hahaha, funny you should ask. Their service department is terrible. On 3 occasions, i called ahead to remind them that I'm only 18, and i need one of the dealerships loaner cars, due to the fact that i cannot rent from Avis. On all 3 occasions, i've spent countless hours in their waiting room, (you know, the chairs infront of their desks hiha) since they never held me a loaner car. They never know whats going on, and dont know much about the cars at all, and are never reliable. Their pre owned car salesman are even worse...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
EvilTommy said:
Hahaha, funny you should ask. Their service department is terrible. On 3 occasions, i called ahead to remind them that I'm only 18, and i need one of the dealerships loaner cars, due to the fact that i cannot rent from Avis. On all 3 occasions, i've spent countless hours in their waiting room, (you know, the chairs infront of their desks hiha) since they never held me a loaner car. They never know whats going on, and dont know much about the cars at all, and are never reliable. Their pre owned car salesman are even worse...
You want to hear something even funnier... I'm 20 and I have the same problem hiha . Now They have some new bs policy about taking a loaner out of state. I've raised some hell in there. Service is slow, and the guys in there are always trying to get out of covering things. They told me my drive shaft rubber was cracked because the car was lowered. "hmm ... that's interesting since u have to drop the whole exhaust system to even see the rubber." I few profanities took care of that problem. But beware don't let em pull one over on u.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
any one have any idea of the $$ involved?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
for the sc from discovery.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Thats hard to say...and i want to give straight answers as people keep asking the same question.

I am nearing the 50 mark but my project also includes the supercharger, aquamist system, low compression motor including pistons, rods, bearings, valves, springs, porting, micro polish of the crank, block coatings, i think the pistons were coated, pre cooler, aftercooler, coated headers, cams, newer brakes, updated wheels/tires, new diff, stg III clutch and flywheel, new driveshaft, rear subframe strengthing, added aerodynamics and more items that do not come to mind right now.

Im well above even what the normal person would want...
http://www.discovery-automotive.com/kolar/kolar.htm is a photo diary of my project.

The basic system would include the supercharger, the aquamist system and probably some headers...i would say for the parts and labor installed total you should contact Discovery Auto.

[email protected]
[email protected]

*edited*adding a few more things.... Iridium spark plugs and plasma coils

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh you went all out... i've spent about 20 on the car already and i haven't even touched the engine yet.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey brother good luck with it, i'm sure you're going to have a blast.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hey out of curious what clutch / flywheel option did u go with?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts