BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what they are worth. I've got a full set (4) one has never been mounted. They're in great shape, but I am going to unload them. I was thinking around $200? Is that what they're going for now?

·
10,458 Posts
I'm not sure what the market value is but i'd give you $200 for a full set. I am trying to put together a really nice set for my car, a couple of mine are good, a couple have seen better days. You can pm me, i'm interested.
Mike

·
Registered
476 Posts
I am interested as well. Will pay shipping!:hihi:

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
That seems to answer that question ............. $200 definitely seems appealing !

D

·
Registered
109 Posts
i had considered selling mine and had a few offers around 200 as well, but i decided to keep them

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
The full set of spacers / cooling fins are NLA and that must have an affect on values .

I recently sold a full set of cooling fins to a respected member of this forum who has an extremely tidy , low mileage , 3.6 and could only buy the Turbine covers from BMW , but not the cooling fins .......... for some , unknown and illogical , reason I felt a desire to help him return his beautiful M5 to it's original condition !

I must be going soft ..........

·
10,458 Posts
i just want the outer covers, i'd take the whole thing, but if someone wants the inner fins, i'd split them up. I have a full set of turbines on my car, i just would like to replace a couple of beaten up covers.

Keep us posted Dan! (i was first ....:D)

Reactions: davidoli

·
Registered
388 Posts
The full set of spacers / cooling fins are NLA and that must have an affect on values .

I recently sold a full set of cooling fins to a respected member of this forum who has an extremely tidy , low mileage , 3.6 and could only by the Turbine covers from BMW , but not the cooling fins .......... for some , unknown and illogical , reason I felt a desire to help him return his beautiful M5 to it's original condition !

Soft right, the fins you had agreed to sell to me, or swap and cash, that you sold before i got over to your!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Atlanta Dan - do you still have them?

I want them....

·
Registered
516 Posts

I recently sold a full set of cooling fins to a respected member of this forum who has an extremely tidy , low mileage , 3.6 and could only by the Turbine covers from BMW , but not the cooling fins .......... for some , unknown and illogical , reason I felt a desire to help him return his beautiful M5 to it's original condition !

And it was much appreciated David............A true gentleman and friend of the M5 board is our davidoli.

To put the pricing in to perspective, I paid £700 for 4 Turbine covers and the plastic centres from a BMW main dealer. That did not include the inner cooling fins which has already been mentioned are NLA. That is roughly $1050 not including the inner fins.

If they are in good condition $200 is a very good price.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
It was your dulcet Irish tones that did it Bayerische ....... reminded me of my old Grandad !

p.s. The pleasure was all mine !

·
Registered
476 Posts
Paging Atlanta Dan....

Are the turbines still for sale? :1:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Soft right, the fins you had agreed to sell to me, or swap and cash, that you sold before i got over to your!

Toby, I've got a full set in sitting in a shipping container at work, if you're interested I'll dig them out and send you some pic's ?

- Looking through Alan's thread with link to BM Classic gallery certainly gets you all dewy eyed for a set of turbines ! takes me back to Autocar spy shots circa 1988.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Thanks Phil .......... If you were to sell these to Toby , it would certainly help me to feel less guilty !

D

·
Registered
388 Posts
Toby, I've got a full set in sitting in a shipping container at work, if you're interested I'll dig them out and send you some pic's ?

- Looking through Alan's thread with link to BM Calssic gallery certainly gets you all dewy eyed for a set of turbines ! takes me back to Autrocar spy shots circa 1988.
Hi Phlem5

If you could that would be great. If you could send them to [email protected] that would be great. Do they come with the spacers?

Thanks

David, no need to feel guilty. I did take my time to pop by to collect the seats.

·
Registered
516 Posts
- Looking through Alan's thread with link to BM Calssic gallery certainly gets you all dewy eyed for a set of turbines ! takes me back to Autrocar spy shots circa 1988.
Personally, I could never understand why people took them off the 3.6 cars and replaced them with the more common Throwing stars. To me Turbines on a 3.6 is the ultimate in uber cool. Glad to see they are making a revival.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Hi Phlem5

If you could that would be great. If you could send them to [email protected] that would be great. Do they come with the spacers?

Thanks

David, no need to feel guilty. I did take my time to pop by to collect the seats.

Yep they're full set inc (ultra rare, gold dust it would seem ) spacers IIRC. Give us a few days to confirm.

Bayerische I agree the orginal M system 1 look is unbeatable imo.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts