BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new cooper S will arrive i a few weeks :M5thumbs: so I'm looking at tuning kits.

But what too chose? anyone with experience?

Looked at the John Cooper Works kit, but the cost is 5.333,- Euro and a total of 210 HP

Kelleners Sport have a kit for 2.200,- Euro and that delivers a total of 226 HP! :flag:

Warranty doesn't bother me that much.

THANKS FOR INPUTS!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Christian_Fog said:
My new cooper S will arrive i a few weeks :M5thumbs: so I'm looking at tuning kits.

But what too chose? anyone with experience?

Looked at the John Cooper Works kit, but the cost is 5.333,- Euro and a total of 210 HP

Kelleners Sport have a kit for 2.200,- Euro and that delivers a total of 226 HP! :flag:

Warranty doesn't bother me that much.

THANKS FOR INPUTS!
What about Hartge? What colour comp did u get BTW?

·
Registered
890 Posts
I did it myself, :wroom:
1. Complete Supersprint exhaust system with manifold and catalytic converter ( street system) ! It is not loud, but when You reach 4000 rpm it gets so. I love it because it is not loud when you drive normal.

My Mini is faster than my friends John Cooper Works !

2. Supercharger Pulley ALTA 19%
3. BMC CARBON DYNAMIC AIRBOX
4. Short shift kit
5. Bridgestone Re 050 A tyres ( I hate Runflat tyres ) installed immediately.

Also the clutch should be changed as well, your choice. I mean they all do the same thing but they charge you more because they are a known brand. Supersprint is great manufacturer and their exhaust system will give you extra +/- 18 ps. Now, it's supercharger pulley that really makes a difference it'll give you another +/- 20 ps . BMC carbon dynamic airbox will give you another 9 ps ! Not bad, a ??

I installed, mentioned above stuff, after 5000 km's on the dashboard. So far I did 21500 km's and no problems! I just change oil and do regular checks, like on my other cars, on 7000 km's.
If you think that this is too much trouble I would go for "HARTGE".

Gasoline :Average in city is 12,8 liters and on higways 8 liters.
I love my "S", it is fun to drive it and it always makes me smile.:noSMG:

·
Registered
890 Posts
pics

Attachments

·
Registered
455 Posts
What you really want is BBR's 307bhp kit :M5thumbs:

Turbo conversion, intercooler etc. 0-100mph in about 13secs, tops out about 160mph. Might set you back over £15k though!

·
Registered
890 Posts
IMHO 15k for that kit is an extorsion. Probably it is more serious work but is that worth 15k? I mean Mini Copper S plus 15k :crying2:,You can buy an M3 or else at that price range
The point was that You can make a quality conversion at much lower price than tuners. All of them do basically the same thing they just charge You for their name.

By the way Mini Cooper S does not have a turbo:nono: , it is a compressor.:blink:

·
Registered
455 Posts
You seem to have misunderstood. They remove the supercharger and fit a turbocharger so no need to wag your finger at me matey! :byee55amg

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Nice info.

My MINI arrived Friday, and now i already driven 650 km :M5launch: Wonderful car!

Waygadoo, it sounds like you got the perfect exhaust system. But I will probably get the Kelleners Sport kit within the next weeks. Got to pay 1.700,- EURO and it will get 233 PS. Only problem... the engine management box has to be shipped to Germany. Wich means no MINI for a week :crying2:

·
Registered
890 Posts
I apologize for that finger StealthM5 . I had no bad intentions.:cheers:

I am glad You got Your "toy" Christian. Just wait until you modify it.Very big difference.

IMHO You should install a sport clutch and AP racing 4 piston brake kit one piece rotor(12" cross-drilled rotor).A dramatic improvement in braking.Many 17' & larger wheels will accomodate this AP kit. I just love good brakes and I think this is where BMW messed up. "S" ,especially tuned one, is crying for bigger brakes.

Good luck and I wish You all the best in tuning Your "S" :M5thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
waygadoo said:
IMHO You should install a sport clutch and AP racing 4 piston brake kit one piece rotor(12" cross-drilled rotor).A dramatic improvement in braking.
Guess you are right about the brake upgrade :rolleyes: had a little accident 2 weeks ago... (no one was hurt)

now I am driving a Peugeot 407 2.0 HDI until the discussion wheter it's totaled or not ends with the insurance company.

Attachments

·
Registered
890 Posts
Christian_Fog said:
Guess you are right about the brake upgrade :rolleyes: had a little accident 2 weeks ago... (no one was hurt)

now I am driving a Peugeot 407 2.0 HDI until the discussion wheter it's totaled or not ends with the insurance company.
First of all I am glad to hear that no one was hurt and that You are fine.Looks like a heavy crash ! Very sad pictures

Keep me informed maybe we could negotiate a sale.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts