1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
476 Posts
Picking up 3/4 of second in the qtr mile for a simple tune seems like an aweful lot...We've seen stroked e60 M5's not be 3/4 of a second faster than a stock M5...It's hard to judge, but I would think there's a little more going on here than just a simple tune on stock tires...

·
Registered
13,462 Posts
No one ever tells you the whole story :3: but that's is quite a bit to pick up with just a tune......but hey if that is true then hopefuly good things to come for the F10.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I have to be honest....the E63 looks like a pretty freaking nice car. I loaded it up for $122k, and if a $1k tune can do this it might make me go to the dark side. I will wait for the F10 to show what it can do though, but come spring 2013 it better prove itself!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have to be honest....the E63 looks like a pretty freaking nice car. I loaded it up for $122k, and if a $1k tune can do this it might make me go to the dark side. I will wait for the F10 to show what it can do though, but come spring 2013 it better prove itself!
I sold my 07 E63 last year and the only reason I'm here is because I'm considering getting a M5 (M6 or the new 911) and right before my warranty ran out I had problems with the airmatic suspension failing. And when I saw other mercedes cars (not just amg models) looking like a lowrider because of the suspension problems I decided to not go back to mercedes until they get rid of the airmatic suspension. There's no way I would own one out of warranty. I don't know why mercedes can't just use a different form of electronic suspension like BMW EDC or Caddy like the magnetic suspension. I guess its similar to SMG to me. There's no way I would own a SMG car because of all of the problems that everyone has.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Reviving an old thread... I've had my 2015 F10 M5 since new and have tracked the car extensively. Here are some real dyno comparisons. Stock tune, Dinan Stage II piggyback tune, and BPM Stage I DME Flash tune, respectively. All runs include Dinan intake, Eisenmann cat back exhaust and Dinan mufflers. 3 pulls each were performed on a Mustang Dyno under the same conditions. The lower set of curves is stock at 427 WHP and 429 torque (568 crank HP 571 torque), the middle curve is Dinan Stage II at 461 WHP and 486 torque (613 crank HP 646 torque), the upper curve is the BPM flash tune at 472 WHP and 512 torque (627 crank HP 681 torque). There is much debate as to how accurate dyno numbers are, but the individual gains with each configuration are internally accurate. Software alone will get you around 60 HP... I will say the car drives much more smoothly with the BPM Flash tune, and throttle response is vastly improved over stock. Just for fun I also repeated the the BPM tune on a Dynojet which is the second graph, and suggests slightly greater HP gain.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Reviving an old thread... I've had my 2015 F10 M5 since new and have tracked the car extensively. Here are some real dyno comparisons. Stock tune, Dinan Stage II piggyback tune, and BPM Stage I DME Flash tune, respectively. All runs include Dinan intake, Eisenmann cat back exhaust and Dinan mufflers. 3 pulls each were performed on a Mustang Dyno under the same conditions. The lower set of curves is stock at 427 WHP and 429 torque (568 crank HP 571 torque), the middle curve is Dinan Stage II at 461 WHP and 486 torque (613 crank HP 646 torque), the upper curve is the BPM flash tune at 472 WHP and 512 torque (627 crank HP 681 torque). There is much debate as to how accurate dyno numbers are, but the individual gains with each configuration are internally accurate. Software alone will get you around 60 HP... I will say the car drives much more smoothly with the BPM Flash tune, and throttle response is vastly improved over stock. Just for fun I also repeated the the BPM tune on a Dynojet which is the second graph, and suggests slightly greater HP gain.

View attachment 936170

View attachment 936171
Thanks for reviving this thread with your experience. Not in the market for a tune yet with the '13 M5 I picked up in January, but the BPM is my first option right now. I'm waiting until my "wow" factor with the stock power goes down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for reviving this thread with your experience. Not in the market for a tune yet with the '13 M5 I picked up in January, but the BPM is my first option right now. I'm waiting until my "wow" factor with the stock power goes down.
As good as the stock car is, the BPM tune is smoother with more throttle response even if you aren't looking for more power. You can also have them code the car at the same time. I had them code the European DSC which is not as intrusive as the US version. Also, they can add Competition model steering and exhaust valve position to the tune. All things to keep on your wish list! Enjoy your new toy!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts