BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I tend to be a relaxed driver that prefers to cruise at high speed then burn rubber but when the time comes to make a 3 point turn without using reverse, I notice the car does not realize I want 100% performance till the second or third time slam the gas pedal.

Is there a tune that does nothing but keep it in car rental mode? I do not wand the A/F adjusted, I do not want to install a sprint booster to adjust the pedal response curve, I just want the car to act like I've been abusing it all day.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Confused.

T

·
0 Posts
I would say sprint booster is your only option.

Don't knock it until you try it. I have it in all my cars, even the Z06 and 745i. Will never go back.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It has the power but bogs down the first time I do it, second time I can smoke the tires at half throttle since there is no confusion or hesitation from the car

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Sounds like the car needs some TLC.

How old are your spark plugs. Replace them if they are more than 40k kms old.

Change/clean your air filter. Clean your MAF sensors. Put a fuel system cleaner in the car with a full tank of fuel.

It has the power but bogs down the first time I do it, second time I can smoke the tires at half throttle since there is no confusion or hesitation from the car

T

·
0 Posts
Set your m mode to p500s and dsc off, sport Edc.

If that doesn't immediately make a difference, then I am not sure what will aside from sprint booster.

When you say rental car mode, you mean beating on rental cars, right?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
279 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts