BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering a tune for my 2006 M5. I would just like some member opinions on what they know and have experienced. I prefer a plug & play system that I can install and uninstall myself so if I do need to bring it to the stealership, I can quickly un-flash it. I am out of warranty so I guess I may never bring it there too. Anyway, I have BMC filters, RPI scoops, and an ASR exhaust installed as of now. Thanks.

Dave

·
Registered
113 Posts
Check out Eurocharged. They have a programmer to easily install/uninstall tunes. Dannboss gained 40 whp with their tune and pulley. He has similar mods to you. Also another member gained 25whp/21wtq on the tune alone...They really seem to know their stuff and their customer service is top notch. Noteworthy - the individual who makes the tunes owns an M5, so he knows the quirks of these cars and has spent a large amount of time developing (what seems to be) a fantastic tune with significant gains. If I'm not mistaken, updated tunes are free as well.

ESS Tuning also has a programmer to flash tune, another vendor to consider.

*I have no experience with either product but have read a considerable amount of information and other members experiences on both. Theres a number of threads out there on flashes, check em out.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have the eurocharged tune as well. Never dynoed car but the difference was noticeable. My car has RPI scoops, BMC Filters, block off plates, pulley and tune. Tune was easy to do. Once I had my programmer, the entire process took about an hour. 10 minutes to pull stock tune and send to Jerry at Eurocharged. Waited about 30 minutes (caught Eurocharged at a good time I guess) and new tune was emailed back to me. Put in programmer and programmed car. Easy and painless. Told me to try the tune he sent, for me to put some miles on car then we could try to tune further. Needing to do that, but been too busy to go any further. I have some time off next week, so I'll see what I can do.

·
Registered
71 Posts
One

one said that they are going to try to allow u to read codes and clear them and run diagnostic tests. I think it was evolve. I am interested in these types of features as it will keep you from having to run to the dealer for simple things like oil change etc.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I just got the Eurocharged ECU Tune with the My Genius tool. Jerry was very helpul with the whole ordeal as I had a few questions. The my genuis makes it very easy to do and if you ever add more upgrades send Jerry an email and he will send you a new tune that will help to better take advantage of the new mods. Example: I'm having Agency Headers and a pulley being put on next week and when finished Jerry is gonna send me a new tune through email that will load directly into "my genius" and I can upload it into the car in less than 3 mins. Cool stuff!

As for the ECU tune itself...It's nice. The car is definitely stronger without a doubt. Now I'm really looking forward to the headers and pulley.

ESS - looking forward to the launch of the SC kit!! Interested to see what you guys have done.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
One thing to consider if you're considering the ESS SC is that it will also require a software update from ESS and thus you might be better off getting the ESS or RPI (which is partnered with ESS) as the flash loader can be reused for loading the new software for the SC kit if you ever upgrade in the future.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts