BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys here's some fresh quick pics after I got home from the S.A. chapter car club meet @ the BMW Center today. Nice and clean with the new additions.
Tubi's replaced the B&B's and a new Hamann rear diffuser.
And all the belt mouldings are finally finished white.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
If everything is functional-it is very my style.Looking good.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
hey keith thats the same bonnet as mine but without the middle scoop

i too dont like the rear diffuser thats why i choose the competition rear bumper mmmmmm I like the front lip though

·
Registered
977 Posts
Where does one get the CSL style rear piece and how much is it?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Looks good, on a side note have you gotten around to testing your spacer and throttle boddies you had built ? Josh

·
Registered
326 Posts
Sweet I love it.. and Love the color..
Was the car repainted??

Only thing I kinda like was the hood..
The center hood scoop, looks very Domestic to me...

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Definately liking that. :cool:

Its nice to see something different, especially the rear as there aint much out there other than the ACS Diffuser.

Think Black Kidney Grilles would really suit your car against the white paintwork, just my 0.02p worth of course. :haha:

Congrats on a superb looking & very individual Beast. :cheers:

C.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maggo, those are the fenderliners which normally sit flush under the bumpercover. I have new ones I have to pick up, they tend to take some abuse even on a stock car. The splitter is flat on the bottom so I had to use these that are on the car to modify so that when I put the new ones on I already know what to cut or shave down ect...

E39m5 no the car is stock white, the only paint work is the mouldings and the carbon hood ( I still have the original hood in storage). The scoop is a toss up yea/na but it was the only hood at the time. Mashaw still didn't have thiers out,eurbuni (sp.?) I heard was junk, and this was all E6 had to offer.

Josh, man I haven't gotten to, I've been tied up at work and the little one has been alot of time (16 months now) . Also we had alot of techs at the BMW center that I'd only trust with the t/body swap gone and left. Some went up to Austin and a couple guys went to Mercedes in Boerne.
So I've been trying to find qualified guys I trust to do the swap.
It's about 10hr job and if they are out of sync less than a degree between each other, car no likey!
It has crossed my mind to sell these and recieve the cores and do another set in the mean time instead of just sitting on these. I have enough t/plates to do another set maybe two.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Keith,

The car looks so mean..
However I don't know if I like the Hammann rear diffuser. I like it without. :D

By the way do you know what is the offset on that 19x10.5 OZ. Does it rub when the rear suspension fully compressed ?

Tasteful mod ! Great Job. !!

Regardz,

J Irwan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Your 5er looks wicked. Love the mods. I've been debating on the diffuser but I like it. Just curious why you didn't leave the CF hood unpainted. That would look sick w/ the white color and the other CF pieces you have!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I like the rear diffuser alot. I would trade out the carbon fiber piece in the front with some hamman flippers.

The hood looks awesome.

josh.

ps. Black centers on those OZ's would look insane.

can we get a photoshop just to see what those wheels would look like?
anybody?

·
Registered
682 Posts
All you need to do now is paint the kidney rings white to match the car and the center slats black and your done. Actually get some Euro headlamps, beautiful none the less!

Bravo!!!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
JW , no rub , I rolled the fenders alittle more past where the factory stops.
As for the offset I don't know I got them from a fellow board member.
If I could do it again I might consider just 10's.

E55 , I just wanted hints of carbon, It would have looked cool all carbon but even just like it is when I see a mostly stock M5 I wonder did it get to edgy.

Josh, thanks, black would probably look really good. Any photoshoppers???
You have the same sizes on your OZ's too?

madyspop, white kidneys, hmm never thought of that..., as for the euro's I've been looking at getting some , maybe from Umnitza? Any places to look for a good deal?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks J, aah a early pic of my car. It looks so CLEAN and not like a mod beast, agh! so torn, how did it get so... :eek: hiha hiha

·
Registered
682 Posts
Do not paint your centers black, the finish on the wheels is perfect. If your going do anything, trade them to me for my BBS LM's or HRE 547r's. I've had four sets of nice wheels on my car in less then a year and still think the Superleggera's with the red centercaps on my Imola will seal the deal.

The white kidney grill is a must. Send me an email to [email protected] and I'll forward some pics of my Imola grill and I also have the body moldings colormatched.

My latest mod is having the wood trim removed and painted piano black like found in the Audi RS6, simply stunning. I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts