BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Tubi system would NOT sound good on an M5!!! I admit, the system sounds great on Ferraris--no doubt about it. However, the M5 is supposed to sound mean. You put a Tubi on the car, and it sounds like a Asian guy who got nailed in the groin really hard. For real, I know a lot of you posters know what I am talking about. The sound Tubi's produce is soooooo high. If you are a REAL M5 owner, you wouldn't disgrace the M heritage by putting one of b**ch systems on it.
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
4,096 Posts
Originally posted by Got Mine Today:
The Tubi system would NOT sound good on an M5!!! I admit, the system sounds great on Ferraris--no doubt about it. However, the M5 is supposed to sound mean. You put a Tubi on the car, and it sounds like a Asian guy who got nailed in the groin really hard. For real, I know a lot of you posters know what I am talking about. The sound Tubi's produce is soooooo high. If you are a REAL M5 owner, you wouldn't disgrace the M heritage by putting one of b**ch systems on it.
Yesterday when I went home from my day at work I spent at least 15 minutes behind a Ferrari F550, what a sound!

If I can make my M5 sound anything like that tune (even if it is a V8), I would be very happy. So a high tune is exacly what I am looking for.

/Johan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
844 Posts
Originally posted by johann:
Yesterday when I went home from my day at work I spent at least 15 minutes behind a Ferrari F550, what a sound!

If I can make my M5 sound anything like that tune (even if it is a V8), I would be very happy. So a high tune is exacly what I am looking for.

/Johan
I disagree. I think the high pitch sound is GREAT. It is after all what a REAL M car sounds like. A real M car is a BMWWilliams F1 car that revs to 18,500rpm and wails with a sound better than....well you know ! Any way, I can't wait to get mine. I don't want an exhaust system that will give my M5 a deep rumble like an American muscle car !



------------------
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
4,096 Posts
Originally posted by Parkerfe:
Originally posted by johann:
Yesterday when I went home from my day at work I spent at least 15 minutes behind a Ferrari F550, what a sound!

If I can make my M5 sound anything like that tune (even if it is a V8), I would be very happy. So a high tune is exacly what I am looking for.

/Johan
I disagree. I think the high pitch sound is GREAT. It is after all what a REAL M car sounds like. A real M car is a BMWWilliams F1 car that revs to 18,500rpm and wails with a sound better than....well you know ! Any way, I can't wait to get mine. I don't want an exhaust system that will give my M5 a deep rumble like an American muscle car !


I think I misunderstood you, with high sound you ment loud sound, right?

With high tune I meant high picthed tune, like a Ferrari at high revs.

Cheers,
/Johan
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
4,096 Posts
Originally posted by Parkerfe:
I disagree. I think the high pitch sound is GREAT. It is after all what a REAL M car sounds like. A real M car is a BMWWilliams F1 car that revs to 18,500rpm and wails with a sound better than....well you know ! Any way, I can't wait to get mine. I don't want an exhaust system that will give my M5 a deep rumble like an American muscle car !

Pakerfe,
Reading all articles in this thread again, I realize that you disagree with "Got mine today", not with me.

/Johan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
dont know much about tubi,, but the supersprint system sounds great.. i have a set for sale with 2000 miles on them,, also a dinan strut brace for sale ,,, cheap.. sold my beast and kept the stuff... the supersprint exaust is very very well built !!!

I think I misunderstood you, with high sound you ment loud sound, right?

With high tune I meant high picthed tune, like a Ferrari at high revs.

Cheers,
/Johan
[/QUOTE]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
MKF, slightly off-topic, but do you mind me asking why you sold your beast? I've got a December build commitment on a 2001 and if there was a particular option or anything else that caused you to be annoyed by the car I'd like to learn from your experience!

Thanks in advance!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
844 Posts
Originally posted by johann:
Pakerfe,
Reading all articles in this thread again, I realize that you disagree with "Got mine today", not with me.

/Johan

You're correct. I love the high pitch wail the Tubi makes! Mine is scheduled to be shipped next week.



------------------
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
I'd love to hear it too. I think the Tubi will have a sound that I will like. I also love the sound of a well tuned intake "honk", but I have promised myself that I would get to know the car first and make no modifications for at least a year.

Mark
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top