BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tubi Rumore is fitted. And according to Peter at PMW sounds fantastic.. (it certainly sounded good over the phone!) But.... I cant see her for another 4 hours!!!! ARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Will report back with pictures and video when I have a chance!!!

Update: Peter says its engineered to a very high quality, and fitted straight on. Also when we were lifting out of the truck he said its about half the weight of a standard system!

DMC

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
cool, nice one!!! pics pics!

·
Registered
327 Posts
have to let us know what you think as will sorting mine out VERY SOON!!!

Was's(whizzkid11) Rumore sounded so cool when I visited him over Easter

How much were you charged for fitting, shipping and import duty? PM if you want

·
Registered
327 Posts
would be good to see the joint from stock to Tubi,(weld or clamp).

I am thinking of using Scuderia Systems to supply and fit mine. Came from Was's recommendation as I think they fitted his. From there www site they do an awful lot of Ferrari exhausts,etc as their main line of business, so thought they would be ideal as they know the Tubi's inside out.

Any one else used them?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi DMC,

What time you heading over to PMW? I would love to pop over for a look if you have a spare five minutes - I work less than 15 mins away from PMW. PM me if you don't mind showing off a bit :)

I have to warn you I will be very jealous though!!

Cheers

Travis

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
baldy_bonce said:
would be good to see the joint from stock to Tubi,(weld or clamp).

I am thinking of using Scuderia Systems to supply and fit mine. Came from Was's recommendation as I think they fitted his. From there www site they do an awful lot of Ferrari exhausts,etc as their main line of business, so thought they would be ideal as they know the Tubi's inside out.

Any one else used them?
I would have done and can recommend Manu on enthusiasm for his product alone, and he's very keen to do business, but he quoted me 6 weeks delivery time whereas Daniel at Beastpower had one in stock and promised to have it delivered by Yesterday and it actually arrived on Wednesday!!

Cost wise I don't believe there was much difference and in terms of hassle the import was definitely worse, but when the Driver's Run was looming time was of the essence!

And as the car was going in to be prepped for the Run, the additional labour will be insignificant i hope.

Cheers
David

B

·
0 Posts
Very nice! Thanks for the business, and I hope you enjoy your new Tubi. If you ever get tired of the Rumore, just let me know and I will be happy to swap my regular Tubi back-boxes with you. :haha2:

Cheers, Daniel.

B

·
0 Posts
dmc said:
Thanks very much for the offer, but on the initial listening over the phone it sounds fantastic and there' s no way on this planet i am going to switch it!

But thanks again!!

hehehehe

DMC
;)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok had the car back for 24 hours now. And time for an update.

1st, Thanks very much to Beastpower for supplying the parts, at a very reasonable price and for coming to the aid of the cause when things went a little awry, safe to say things were sorted out to my satisfaction !!! 1 very happy customer(Not finalised yet, but i'm very hopeful!)

2nd, Thanks very much to Peter at PMW in Chelmsford Essex and his excellent team. He has done a superb job, even advising me of various things that were at or near the stage of replacing, and estimates on how long i would be away from needing new stuff. And I have to say, for what i consider to be a fair price, not cheap, but not a rip off either.

3rd, Thanks to Tubi for making such an excellent product. It fits great , looks the b****x and sounds like the scream of a horny angel to quote Meatloaf. But at tickover you barely know its a different exhaust. At around 2500 i hear a bit of booming but nothing thats an issue as i never drive at 2.5k revs.. hehehe.. It's transformed the car and I am back in love with my big v8.
Oh and a side note, my gear change has improved no end as i can actually hear what the cars doing now, whereas before it was so muted you had to rely on the rev counter. My only complaint is it could be LOUDER!!! lol.. its a really nice balance of quality, performance and style .. not to mention beautiful sound.

As to performance, well I believe it revs more freely now and feels more rapid, but thats probably just the butt dyno talking and when i have a chance i'll get it on the real dyno and let you all know.

Videos and Pics will follow when i get the chance.

Cheers
DMC

B

·
0 Posts
dmc said:
Ok had the car back for 24 hours now. And time for an update.

1st, Thanks very much to Beastpower for supplying the parts, at a very reasonable price and for coming to the aid of the cause when things went a little awry, safe to say things were sorted out to my satisfaction !!! 1 very happy customer(Not finalised yet, but i'm very hopeful!)

2nd, Thanks very much to Peter at PMW in Chelmsford Essex and his excellent team. He has done a superb job, even advising me of various things that were at or near the stage of replacing, and estimates on how long i would be away from needing new stuff. And I have to say, for what i consider to be a fair price, not cheap, but not a rip off either.

3rd, Thanks to Tubi for making such an excellent product. It fits great , looks the b****x and sounds like the scream of a horny angel to quote Meatloaf. But at tickover you barely know its a different exhaust. At around 2500 i hear a bit of booming but nothing thats an issue as i never drive at 2.5k revs.. hehehe.. It's transformed the car and I am back in love with my big v8.
Oh and a side note, my gear change has improved no end as i can actually hear what the cars doing now, whereas before it was so muted you had to rely on the rev counter. My only complaint is it could be LOUDER!!! lol.. its a really nice balance of quality, performance and style .. not to mention beautiful sound.

As to performance, well I believe it revs more freely now and feels more rapid, but thats probably just the butt dyno talking and when i have a chance i'll get it on the real dyno and let you all know.

Videos and Pics will follow when i get the chance.

Cheers
DMC
Congrats! Please post some video clips when you get a chance.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
947 Posts
dmc said:
My only complaint is it could be LOUDER!!!
congrats dude, im sure most will agree that exhausts have a 'burn in' time. Mine sounds very different to it did the first day i got it.

Was maybe able to comment specifically on the tubi

VIDS PLEASE!!! hiha

1 - 20 of 22 Posts