BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hi:

I chose the regular, as it was the only available option at the time.

With the supersprints, custom pipes to a racing cat, and full cat back tubi system, it is "modestly" loud, but nothing harsh. I understand the Rumore is quite louder.

J

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
I got the regular version but the other one wasn't available at the time. If I had to do it again today, I'd still get the regular version.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Tubi Rumore.

Got it fitted last night, and I am still in shock at how good it sounds.

>>Badly>> Manu @ Scuderia said you had an all day wait for yours. I now know it would have been worth it.

Not as mello as the others, but when you open her up it starts to sound like a Ferrari V8 :biggrin: .

At Scuderia (UK) the guys there recon the M5 tubi sounds better than all the Ferrari ones they fit.

Having said that, I think the choice comes down to whether you want the Deep-mello-bellow, or the Tubis more exotic YOOOWWLLL :thumbsup:

·
Registered
962 Posts
I miss read the thread title.

To answer the question between the regular or rumore.

The Rumore is meant to be louder and therefore better (?) at WOT. So the question becomes can you live with a Rumore.

I think I can. The *only* time I am a little concerned about is cold starts at 4am, and waking the neibourghs. Its not nuts, but you can certainly hear it.

Once its warm its a pussy cat at idle, you can hardly hear her inside the cabin.

Above idle, at 1500 RPM there is a bit of resonance, but I can find a different gear if I need to sit at that speed.

Above that its only at arround 4000 RPM that it becomes really rude :3: :hihi:

·
Registered
165 Posts
best. thread. title. of. the. year.

Stu

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hey Stumbo... it was well worth my waiting time with the Scuderia guys, they made me feel like part of the family, really friendly guys.

I love my Tubi, I dont use my M alot so it hasnt even started to wear in yet, but every time she goes out she sounds better. You just cant stop taking it to peak revs to hear that italian scream...

Stuart... love your sig mate!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any comments or opinion comparing the Eisenmann race with Tubi rumore? Right now i have Eisenmann installed on the M5, I'm thinking of switching to Tubi
rumore. But i have not heard Tubi rumore in person. Thanks for your input.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.