BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 10 Tubi months, decided to pull a page out of Ocean-Side's (Ocean's M5) book and polished the tips, albeit not as exhaustively as he does. I just picked up a can of BlueMagic automotive metal polish from the auto parts store and it made an incredible difference... I took pics in the middle of it to show. A nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon.. now on to the Zymol inside.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Very nice job! I always use a cloth rag and "polish" mine after every wash and they have stayed clean for about 6mts now......I guess I will get the 'ol wool brush on them now since yours look so good!

Robert

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
baldy_bonce said:
WOW guys, them Tubi's look so cool...:cool:

Cant wait to get mine :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Hey BB,

The Tips come with Tooling marks on them. I got stuck into them with a dremell. They polish up well, the rest of the system is pure eye & ear candy.

MJ

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
Oh my God!

You guys are frigin mental! I love it! I wonder how the Magnums would look all shined up?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MIB said:
Good Job.

I did mine some time ago.
Wow.. looks wonderful! I had actually forgotten how awesome these bad boys looked when they were installed, then the polish brought it all back for me. Now I just need to go out and get some vids of the sound!!

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
MIB said:
Good Job.

I did mine some time ago.

You WIN! cherrsagai I have polished my Tubi']s up from time to time, but they have never looked that good even new. Now that I know you took a Dremel to them, I will have to undertake that as well.

Certainly have to keep up with you down under guys!

Mark

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Ahmed said:
Oh my God!

You guys are frigin mental! I love it! I wonder how the Magnums would look all shined up?
Hey Amed,

I did the AA ram intakes as well. They look killer.

Hey Mark,

Keep that Dremel going and move to the front and do the
AA CAI as well. :cheers: I removed all the casting marks and they are smooth and shiney.

They match the kidneys now. :flag:

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
MIB said:
Hey Amed,

I did the AA ram intakes as well. They look killer.

Hey Mark,

Keep that Dremel going and move to the front and do the
AA CAI as well. :cheers: I removed all the casting marks and they are smooth and shiney.

They match the kidneys now. :flag:
MIB,

You da man, the M5 man. I will certainly try that out on the AA CAI as well. The AA CAI should be easier being aluminum. Did you use BlueMagic or another "local" product? Which attachment were you using on the Dremel? Better yet, perhaps your planning a trip to Houston soon and could just do it for me! :D :D :D :D .

Thanks for the tips.

Mark

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
MAH said:
MIB,

You da man, the M5 man. I will certainly try that out on the AA CAI as well. The AA CAI should be easier being aluminum. Did you use BlueMagic or another "local" product? Which attachment were you using on the Dremel? Better yet, perhaps your planning a trip to Houston soon and could just do it for me! :D :D :D :D .

Thanks for the tips.

Mark
hiha I haven't made it to Texas as yet, its on my list.

One off the companies I am involved with has its World HQ in Texas, and they usually have a pretty big get together every March. (Think 10,000). I will make a big effort to get there if not March 2006 then 2007.

I used the word Dremel so everyone could understand the concept. I did actually start with a real dremel but I never had the right attachment.

Having a Timber flooring company, we Polish things for a living. But usually wood. You end up getting to know guys who like to Shine Sh!t for a living. hiha

So I have a mate who is a metal polisher. I borrowed is Rotary Sander (Super Dremel). It looks like an angle grinder only without the angle. Long cylinder nose. I used the wire brush looking attachment first. He had like a black clay bar (Polish) and you dip the spinning wheel in it and go hard.

It was cool because it fit perfectly up the pipes. So I did them about 2 inches all the way in.

Once I had sanded the marks out, I changed to a felt pad looking one.

My mate was doing a set of wheels. When he came back he was :eek: He asked me did I want a Job. hiha

The egg rings I did on the floor stand machine.

I care for them with "Purple Polish". By nature and by nature.

Hey Joe, I don't have any decent photos of the AA Cai.

Just a close up that Beast Power uses on his site.

I'll have to try and get a better one. cherrsagai

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
MIB,

Thnaks for the details. I now have to get to work on mine even though I do not have a polishing guy at my disposal. Another new job for me here.

Mark

1 - 17 of 17 Posts