BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One month ago I traded in my 02 M3 (mini-beast) carbon black for a 02 M5 (beast) carbon black.
The M5 has 9500 miles and is all stock at the moment. I have on order the uuc evo3 short shifter and dssr, along with the tubi cat back system. I am considering the powerchip gold 91 also. Thanks to all that have posted info in reference to these mods as I feel safe in my decisions to modify such a great car. OK now my questions.
I have seen photos and read about the tubi install in every post I can find and am wondering if the welding of the tubi pipe to the cats has been done with any special type of welding process? mig or tig ? One installer I have found in my area has a mig welder and claims that he will install stainless wire in his welder (needs argon gas) and that the weld won't rust. He seems very knowledgable and willing to work with me as long as it takes to get the tubi installed right (for $65. per hour). Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Also I am located in Ventura California and am wondering if someone in So.Cal
has a good installer to recommend who has expierence with the tubi.
Thanks
Kirk

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Kirk,

You should be able to install the Tubi in no more than two hours. It took less than that to install mine and I had the added complication of changing the length of the exhaust pipe to closer match the OEM tip length of the original muffler tips.

Always weld, better sealing.

Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts