BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Amazing sound. Do you have any videos of the sound at idle, and at cruising, inside on the highway? My main concern with getting an exhaust is it will be too loud at idle and/or cruising on long trips.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Hmmm, I would like to know about the cabin resonance before jumping to that conclusion. I thought my exhuast was the best setup, but it ended up being far too loud.

'Rocket

·
Registered
91 Posts
I dont have the x-pipe with my tubi set-up and mine sounds the same.

Not too loud at idle and slightly more resonance at 3k on the highway than stock.

again, I conldn't be more happy.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sounds Great, Can you get the same set up for M6?

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
BostonRocket said:
Hmmm, I would like to know about the cabin resonance before jumping to that conclusion. I thought my exhuast was the best setup, but it ended up being far too loud.

'Rocket
Rocket
I can't believe you think the E-race is TOO loud. It's perfect! I've even contemplated adding the x-pipe:)
The Tubi/x-pipe sounds great too. Thanks for the vids jUs

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
bmwbonehead said:
Rocket
I can't believe you think the E-race is TOO loud. It's perfect! I've even contemplated adding the x-pipe:)
The Tubi/x-pipe sounds great too. Thanks for the vids jUs
In my old age...

'Rocket

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the comments !

The difference with a tubi-only M5 is that the x-pipe increased the volume. No change in pitch/sound quality/whatever.

It's very hard to capture the true melody using a personal video cam. Plus, in the last bit, wind noise pretty much dominated the audio.

The funny thing with the car is that you only hear the exhaust notes at its best when you're behind the car. Anywhere in front or inside and it's just... "calm" (comparatively.)

Does anyone know why the exhausts are extra loud when you start the engine while it's still cold?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Nice set-up exhaust sounds awesome.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wolverine said:
Amazing sound. Do you have any videos of the sound at idle, and at cruising, inside on the highway? My main concern with getting an exhaust is it will be too loud at idle and/or cruising on long trips.
Uhm, the requests you made ARE on the video.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Sounds very distinquished IMO. I like the increased sound volume but the fact that it remains civilized is a very nice option for those who dislike the Eisenmann Race. Thank you for sharing the videos with us. The car sounds great.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Does anyone know why the exhausts are extra loud when you start the engine while it's still cold?[/quote]

Hi jUs,

the exhausts are extra loud when the car is cold because the diameter if the inside pipes expands with higher temperatures. i.e. when the engine is running, the exhaust can reach very high temperatures to the elevl that it sometimes glows red hot. then when the car is parked overnight, the steel goes back to atmospheric temperature and conract which cause the higher volume and pitch.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Nice sounding exhaust...it does remind me of the eisenmann race :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts