BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else notice that people with the latest cars tend to think they're invincible? It seems a plethora of Audi TT Roadsters were delivered last week...they're everywhere.

Anywho, tonight, I lined up one lane over and one car back from a silver one, at the red light of the entrance of a bridge (Burrard).

Light goes green. He takes off pretty hard. The car in front of me slides over one lane to the right and I creep up on the TT. He displays distaste for anyone thinking they're crossing this bridge in front of him.

Miffed, I keep it in second and wail by him. As soon as he realizes it's a Beast and not a 528, he backs off. So do I.

He drifts by meekly, rubbernecking.

New TT Roadster...ooo...ahhh...

Sorry, flyboy...

Alps

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Nice. Very cool indeed. I think Audi fscked it up with their whole tail thing in back. That guy who crashes his car doing 90 and broke his wife's neck proves that HE was the idiot. Whatever, looks like a bug to me. That or the 996 inverse (a backwards turtle?)

--Dan

·
Registered
65 Posts
I read in BMW magazine from the UK. About a Audi RS4 that has 374 hp.. Its a wagon its all factory stock...Ill bring the mag to the get together up in No Cal in Sept...

Manny

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
The RS lines (which aren't coming here, unfortunately), are ridiculously powerful. The RS8 is supposed to produce 550hp from their "W12" engine. The S8 (one of the most amazing cars in the world), already does a good 360.

--Dan

·
Registered
417 Posts
A $40K four-banger....anyone raced a Saab Viggen yet?!

If Audi sticks the S4 setup under the TT's hood they'll have a real contender.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...an "STT"...

·
Registered
372 Posts
Alpy ... I'm really interested in white for the E46 M3. Could you point me to any pics of your M5 you might have on the web? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No web shots as of yet. On the market (finally) for a digital cam...either a good Sony or the Nikon Coolpix 990. Once I figure it out (after the weekend) I will post...

Alps!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Borrowed Ben T's 990 for my new baby (real one, not a car). Awesome pictures and easy to use. Although there are cheaper ones. Depends on how much you would use it.

Kevin
91 M5

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cyber-shots very tempting because of the memory stick component...compatible with say a Vaio...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts