BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Not a single shot of the engine bay? :(
You get a shot of it towards the end of the dyno video.

Been following this build for a while... amazing.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
I saw the engine bay in the video. Not too shabby but I don't care for the sound of the Engine/exhaust. Too raspy.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
curious how long that engine is gonna last.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
curious how long that engine is gonna last.
They are located in SoCal. Maybe you can find out more info and let us know? they will not share certain info due to some of the bimmerpost members trolling Gitani's original TT thread. If i lived in socal, i definitely reach out and stop by their shop. I'm wondering if they can do the same for the e60. :3:

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
I've seen the car at their shop, since they are 10 minutes away. Impressed, not really. Did they do a good job, yes.

You don't want to TT high rev, high compression S85

·
Registered
8,722 Posts
This suffers from the issues as many turbo setups, viz., it's a lot of brain-drain and a lot of money for power that is about the same if not slightly less than a comparable supercharger setup and probably less reliable. The Maximum PSI kits for the three series appears to be a pretty big exception--they are reasonably inexpensive and have super-reliable Nick G tuning--but cars with those kits do appear to experience traditional turbo lag. If the Gitani kit can be cranked up reliably--say 15-20 psi--while maintaining this kind of early-rpm band torque, then it will be a real development. Until then, IMHO, it is just a very expensive, potentially unreliable way of achieving performance comparable to that of a properly done supercharger setup.

--Peter

·
Registered
4 Posts
This suffers from the issues as many turbo setups, viz., it's a lot of brain-drain and a lot of money for power that is about the same if not slightly less than a comparable supercharger setup and probably less reliable. The Maximum PSI kits for the three series appears to be a pretty big exception--they are reasonably inexpensive and have super-reliable Nick G tuning--but cars with those kits do appear to experience traditional turbo lag. If the Gitani kit can be cranked up reliably--say 15-20 psi--while maintaining this kind of early-rpm band torque, then it will be a real development. Until then, IMHO, it is just a very expensive, potentially unreliable way of achieving performance comparable to that of a properly done supercharger setup.

--Peter
You have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe check out the supercharger kit and turbo kit overlay: BimmerBoost - Centrifugal supercharger vs Turbo: Gintani E9X M3 S65 V8 twin turbo kit dyno results and comparison to the Gintani supercharger kit at the same 7.5 psi of boost

This thread is a disaster of people commenting without having any idea what they're talking about. The TT has a MUCH fatter curve without any of the parasitic losses. Wow.

·
Registered
4 Posts

--Peter
You have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe check out the supercharger kit and turbo kit overlay: BimmerBoost - Centrifugal supercharger vs Turbo: Gintani E9X M3 S65 V8 twin turbo kit dyno results and comparison to the Gintani supercharger kit at the same 7.5 psi of boost

This thread is a disaster of people commenting without having any idea what they're talking about. The TT has a MUCH fatter curve without any of the parasitic losses. Wow.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
/\ no he didn't ouich

·
Banned
3,793 Posts
How much is the TT kit? I remember driving HPF E46 m3 and that was a beast and very fun.from my experience turbos are more efficient.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts