BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running TSW Wheels on their M5????

I have an oppotunity to get a set of TSW wheels and tires free (in exchange for a little showroom time), but I don't really know anything about the company and their quality.
I wouldn't normally put other wheels on the car (I think the stock wheels look great), but I figure since they are free it might be worth giving a go. plus, I will most likely put the stock wheels back on when they are done with the car.
Can anybody tell me a little bit about the company, and maybe share a pic or two?????

Ps. Yes, I know they are cheap $$$$$.
PPs. I'm thinking of Croft or Kyalami.

Thanks!!!cherrsagai

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
My friends and I decided that TSW stood for "The ****tiest Wheels." Be wary, they are cheap for a reason. If you can afford an M5, you can afford to give it some quality rims. If TSW or stock rim are your choices, I say stock 100%.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I don't really know a lot about these wheels, but I do know that I see them all the time on Ricers. I'd probably take them just for the show and then put the stock ones back on right away. who knows, they might be great looking and work great, but I wouldn't count on it... See if you cant get some good tires to go with 19" TSW wheels so you maybe can use them with your stock rims!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My friends and I decided that TSW stood for "The ****tiest Wheels." Be wary, they are cheap for a reason. If you can afford an M5, you can afford to give it some quality rims. If TSW or stock rim are your choices, I say stock 100%.
Any particular reason why you call them "The ****tiest Wheels" other than they are cheap????? (weight, fragile, poor finish, or anything like that).
Their website suggest that they are a company with a racing heritage.

Like my first post says, I'm NOT looking at running these wheels full time! I'm just trying to gain some knowledge about the company, and trying to see if there might be a wheel from them that might be worthy of some track days.

Any comments about TSW are still welcome!!!cherrsagai

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
they are nasty wheels cheap quality, like bodaddy said if you can afford the M5 you can afford good quality wheels

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Hey your getting them for the right price...take them check em out, if you don't like them dump them somebody will buy them....don't forget the saying here in the U.S.A., "there is an Arse for every seat "
Good Luck.... Lets see pics.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Wheels AND TIRES...free? Well, even with crappy rims, the price is right for the tires - sounds like a good track wheelset in the end. You slide off the track - who cares! If they just look odd on the car, remove them and keep them solely for the track or strip.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I used to have 19" TSW's on my AMG, and they were a little heavy, otherwise I was pretty happy with them. They also seemed pretty strong too, just my two cents.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Any particular reason why you call them "The ****tiest Wheels" other than they are cheap????? (weight, fragile, poor finish, or anything like that).
Their website suggest that they are a company with a racing heritage.

Like my first post says, I'm NOT looking at running these wheels full time! I'm just trying to gain some knowledge about the company, and trying to see if there might be a wheel from them that might be worthy of some track days.

Any comments about TSW are still welcome!!!cherrsagai
The reason we called them that was because they are cheap rims with so/so build quality at best. Just like Greg said,TSWs are best fit on cheap ricers. Although if you're getting them free, take them and put the money towards something worthy of being paired with the M5.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the replies guys............
It's nice to hear some different opinions!
I guess I'll talk to the guys offering me this a bit more and see where it goes. It could be nice if they stuck a set of Hoosiers on there:biggrinbounce:
I'll be sure to post pics if something does come through!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts