BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use their M5 as grocery getters? I'm having a hard time keeping stuff from sliding around in the trunk. Any ingenious solutions to the age old problem???????

·
Registered
399 Posts
I remember thinking about making and installing a couple of hooks on the "ceiling" of the trunk to hang shopping bag handles.
Never got around to it.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I have a Thule folding tote underneath a cargo net in the trunk. I keep a few car-related things in the tote. There's extra room for groceries in the tote, and then under the net, packed around it. Enough room for four or five bags of stuff.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I'm no grocery getter, but my OEM rubber trunk liner + OEM Trunk net works quite well.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
What's wrong with putting the bags up against the trunk opening and putting the 12 packs / wine cases behind to keep the bags from moving?

It's worked for me for eight years :cheers:

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Since stores here charge for bags now, I simply bring a huge ikea blue bag and fill it up once a week. With all the items in the bag in the trunk, it's not gong anywhere.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd have to try out some of the cubby ideas, it's hard to exercise restraint on the way home from grocery/delicate merchandise shopping. Is there any configurable trunk management system, preferably with collapsible partitions?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I'd have to try out some of the cubby ideas, it's hard to exercise restraint on the way home from grocery/delicate merchandise shopping. Is there any configurable trunk management system, preferably with collapsible partitions?
I found right-angle partitions with Velcro on the bottom at Home Depot. Put your boxes in and then slap on up against it. I have no idea how well they work though...

·
Registered
798 Posts
+1 on the Cargo Net. It's perfect for groceries (and I buy a massive amount of groceries)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts