BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the M6 (2007) deck lid supposed to open itself once unlocked? Mine doesn't and was wondering if it needs 2 pn 51247008764. Opens fine but needs to be lifted to be "opened". :dunno:

·
Registered
615 Posts
Is the M6 (2007) deck lid supposed to open itself once unlocked? Mine doesn't and was wondering if it needs 2 pn 51247008764. Opens fine but needs to be lifted to be "opened". :dunno:

For the coupe, at least the regular 6 series, the answer is Yes.

For the convertible, the answer is No. Part of the German Nanny system.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like I need to buy 2 new lift cylinders. Thanks.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered and replace the 2 trunk lift support struts and viola! It now opens in the up right position when I push the open button! Thanks for the feedback on this.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I ordered and replace the 2 trunk lift support struts and viola! It now opens in the up right position when I push the open button! Thanks for the feedback on this.
Does it now open all the way? Mine currently stops half open, kind of prefer that at the moment with all the crap weather we're having over here.

·
Registered
307 Posts
If it has rained and there is the slightest weight of water on the lid then mine will unlock but not lift, if dry I get a cracking erection.

·
Registered
47 Posts
mine 2007 doesn't lift up and most of the time i can't open the trunk with my remote. I manually push into the bmw emblem:Thumbdown: to get it open.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts