BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

141 - 160 of 321 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Funny you mention that, Ian...I'm doing research for ID on S62 headers now. E46 as well. Not that you would need those, right? ;)
Lol, first things first! I'm already on my 4th set of headers on the e46; still on the factory original headers on this M5. M5 needs a turn!

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Excellent looking forward to more feedback on this

Very pleased to be receiving the first set of these on Wednesday. They will be going on a customer vehicle that just happens to have the front suspension cradle out at the moment for test fitment and will be leaving the shop on that vehicle. Once we know installation is a go with no issues, we will arrange a group buy for the first production batch.

I have my Behringer reference mic and recording setup left over from my autosound days, so will be using that to capture some nice audio clips for these headers on a stock exhaust system.

And of course, we all want to know what they sound like on a full exhaust system, so @rt7085 you can volunteer to buy a set with your Frequency Intelligent exhaust system and we can can have proper recordings done by a proper audio electronics engineer. ;)

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Very pleased to be receiving the first set of these on Wednesday. They will be going on a customer vehicle that just happens to have the front suspension cradle out at the moment for test fitment and will be leaving the shop on that vehicle. Once we know installation is a go with no issues, we will arrange a group buy for the first production batch.

I have my Behringer reference mic and recording setup left over from my autosound days, so will be using that to capture some nice audio clips for these headers on a stock exhaust system.

And of course, we all want to know what they sound like on a full exhaust system, so @rt7085 you can volunteer to buy a set with your Frequency Intelligent exhaust system and we can can have proper recordings done by a proper audio electronics engineer. ;)
Well..... The FI Exhaust is on its way soon. That is step one.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #154 (Edited)
Made in Pakistan?! Are they known for quality auto parts?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yes, Pakistan.

Very well known for making extremely high quality engineering parts.
Asian countries such as China and Taiwan use Pakistan to produce high precision 5 axis patterns.

Also, I am the ex 50% owner of Evolve Automotive.

The only difference in reality is that I can now manufacture my own parts in house rather than out source production. I have full control.
No one was willing to attempt making this part with this many complex bends and welds.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Ordered my set! Can't wait till they arrive. Very anxious to see how these compare to the Evolve Race-R and Evolve LTH headers I've already tried!

141 - 160 of 321 Posts