BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

101 - 120 of 321 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Headers are ready to ship almost :)

We already know they fit.

Every bolt hole is accessible almost as easy as the original. You can get direct onto the nuts.

Production has started already.

We will post some images this week.

Then we hand over to the dealers. We move onto the next project :)

Stay positive :)

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
"Every bolt hole is accessible almost as easy as the original." Hilarious.

This makes perfect sense to me from an installation difficulty perspective in comparison of an S85 to an S54. The S54 was the most ridiculous header design ever made by BMW from a bolting perspective and required 2, sometimes 3 universal joint socket extensions to install or remove. My first S85 header removal I was amazed you can get straight to every single nut and stud with a straight socket extension.

·
Registered
245 Posts
This is getting exciting! Will the tune for them be avaible at the same time?

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
That's awesome! You plan on doing some sort of introductory headers/tune package down the line?
Yes, I've shipped 6 tablets this week, once the users get their calibrations back and post up, I'll offer an intro thread and pricing. Obviously when the headers are available, we can work on a package deal.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sooooo..... Confirming you are working on a Catted version, but it will be a while? Where does one purchase these from?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Ok... it is done!

Posting Pics today.

As for CATTED version - no problem AT ALL.

CAT must be found and supplied between you guys. We have exhausted all avenues here and what's around us.

Unless something new in CAT development for the after market has been done?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Can you please post the final price on this? "We are 100% below $3000 too right now." --> hoping it is WAY BELOW! This header, tune, rod bearing replacement, and throttle actuators can be a great package deal here F.A.M. (aka Jim Colley)! This S85 is making me broke, no more lap dances for the rest of the year...:crying: :crying

·
Registered
218 Posts
I want to hear the difference between SS / Evolve longtube headers and these "true" equal langth headers. If I'm honest I could not tell the sound difference when I did my headers.

I want some sound clips with an OEM setup, with just the headers replaced so we have a baseline.

101 - 120 of 321 Posts