BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

281 - 300 of 321 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #283
If there are any leaks around the collectors we would like to know.

I hope the instruction on which order to fit and tighten the bolts helped and did you notice the Machined rear flanges? :)

The torque definitely would go up the closer we get to absolute equal length.

This is the second time we have had reports of a torque increase especially at low rpm.

The closer the VE of each cylinder the better everything will work. That is definitely affected by the length of the tubes which take the exhaust to a collator.

I learned in this on the E39 M5 development I did on my own experimentation with. Equal length definitely make a different at the lower rpm's. Another custom manufacturing company in England also showed the same making an equal length setup vs non equal one. Top end power roughly same on the S62 but the torque really went up under 5000rpm. On a high revving S85 let's see what the different is.
The car is extremely fast on the road without doubt and the sound is ALL V10.

Let's see if we make it scream more with a completely different style to intake development.

How about entire Carbon plenums with filter housings built in? With real air filters.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If there are any leaks around the collectors we would like to know.

I hope the instruction on which order to fit and tighten the bolts helped and did you notice the Machined rear flanges? :)

The torque definitely would go up the closer we get to absolute equal length.

This is the second time we have had reports of a torque increase especially at low rpm.

The closer the VE of each cylinder the better everything will work. That is definitely affected by the length of the tubes which take the exhaust to a collator.

I learned in this on the E39 M5 development I did on my own experimentation with. Equal length definitely make a different at the lower rpm's. Another custom manufacturing company in England also showed the same making an equal length setup vs non equal one. Top end power roughly same on the S62 but the torque really went up under 5000rpm. On a high revving S85 let's see what the different is.
The car is extremely fast on the road without doubt and the sound is ALL V10.

Let's see if we make it scream more with a completely different style to intake development.

How about entire Carbon plenums with filter housings built in? With real air filters.
I ordered a set of your headers, I would also be extremely interested in the carbon intake plenums.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
@randywei

What do these sound like in normal driving? Are they loud then as well - ie like Eisenmann race axle backs? What about cruising on the highway? Any headache-inducing drone? Did you install them yourself? How hard is it to DIY?
It's actually a bit quiet for normal, reserved street driving. But that all depends on the rest of one's exhaust setup - not just the headers. I have Dinan 4" resonators and also Dinan mufflers. It's honestly a bit quiet in my cabin for me when I'm not pushing it, wish I could've procured a set of 3.5" Dinan resonators instead.

No drone at all on the highway with my setup.

My indy shop installed them for me. From what they told me, they are quite a b*tch to install, but they fell in love w/ the sound so they thought it was worth the effort.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Jim/Infinity Design,

I think we could also do with some glorious photos of this engineering.

I was trying to explain what a set of longtubes on a V10 looks like to my wife, but I don't think my spaghetti analogy was working??

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #290 (Edited)
Jim/Infinity Design,

I think we could also do with some glorious photos of this engineering.

I was trying to explain what a set of longtubes on a V10 looks like to my wife, but I don't think my spaghetti analogy was working??
I hope this helps. It's an early prototype with few more welds than the production parts.

You'll probably find there is no header on the market below $5000 which is this complex and this near to equal length.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
I'm looking forward to my set. Hopefully they will arrive within the next couple of weeks and I can take photos.
They should arrive within that time. Ready sets are here. Just that we try and send batches to maintain the price as shipping is expensive.

Look forward to your feedback and images.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Wow, I need a set of these...I love how the sound is "stock but more of it" - so many others out there sound terribly raspy and unpleasant. The deep roar is what really stands out. And they look wonderful. Definitely need to set aside some funds for these...and eventually would love to see what you guys could do for an intake as well...Jim's tune + the best intake & headers available would be an amazing combo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #297 (Edited)
There hasn't been an update in nearly 3 months. How many of these headers have been installed? Are they still being manufactured and shipped? In the market for headers currently.

Thank you.
Hi,

In production. Being sent out every month. Few videos and dyno numbers have been released.
We seem to have struck a very nice balance of power, torque, drivability and restored the V10 sound track which many long tube headers could not retain due to the unequal primary lengths.
Reports of excellent throttle response and low-mid torque.

Jim has two sets in stock in the US.

We've also had some negative feedback too. Mostly related to the raw finish that we offer. Initially people asked for no touch ups and polishing because they wanted to see the actual quality and how they come off the production line and the other was a dull matt finish we applied. Makes no difference of course to performance and they completely discolour as soon as they are used anyway.
So we've started polishing them now to make the pretty while they are in the hands of people before installation.
We've had one set recently returned because it did not fit. Given the tight tolerances of our jig we can only put this down to them having been damaged / bent out of shape during transit. Those will be inspected thoroughly.

Other than that, given the tiny market this is, we were expecting only to supply single number up until not but a healthy amount has gone out with great feedback.

Overall, as a new product it's doing very well. Thanks for chasing up on it.

Thanks for chasing up.

281 - 300 of 321 Posts