BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 extra 50 W HID kits for sale at $700 each. These kits are true 50W kits and are not the inferior low quality boost ballasts running standard 35W D2S bulbs. This kit is for Xenon equipped cars that have a D2S bulb. Installation is a breeze as this is a direct swap. The 50W Phillips bulbs use the same D2S base but the capsule and UV shield is larger as can be seen in the pictures below. I was going to odify the bases for my car but opted not to due to the expense and fragility of the bulb when faced with a Dremel. Everything is brand new in original packaging and has never been installed. Guaranteed to work. These kits give off twice the light output as the standard 35W D2S.

Xenlight Ballasts Website

·
Registered
439 Posts
i wonder if those would fit in the fog lights of my m5 bumper..

SC E38 M7 said:
I have 3 extra 50 W HID kits for sale at $700 each. These kits are true 50W kits and are not the inferior low quality boost ballasts running standard 35W D2S bulbs. This kit is for Xenon equipped cars that have a D2S bulb. Installation is a breeze as this is a direct swap. The 50W Phillips bulbs use the same D2S base but the capsule and UV shield is larger as can be seen in the pictures below. I was going to odify the bases for my car but opted not to due to the expense and fragility of the bulb when faced with a Dremel. Everything is brand new in original packaging and has never been installed. Guaranteed to work. These kits give off twice the light output as the standard 35W D2S.

Xenlight Ballasts Website

·
Banned
386 Posts
Why so expensive? I got HIDs on my headlights and fogs... what makes these so special?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What makes these so special is that they are a true 50w kit. Everyone has the 35 W kits, and some have a 50W boost ballast powering a 35W D2S bulb. A boost ballast is an inefficient design that does not utilize a true 50W of power to the HID capsule. The ones for sale are created with an efficient 50W output that utilizes the greatest output of light to the bulb. This is coupled with a DL50 HID capsule/bulb which was solely created by Phillips for this ballast. To say these 50W bulbs are next to impossible to get is an understatement. There is currently no one else who puts out a 50W Ballast and 50W bulb kit. These are extremely rare and output twice the light of the HID Xenons that you have in your car now. The upgrade is dramatic and immediately noticeable and well worth the price being asked. The performance is worlds apart from anything currently available.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
SC E38 M7 said:
.... To say these 50W bulbs are next to impossible to get is an understatement....

What do we do when a bulb burns out ??????

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am a representative for Xenlight. We will always carry the DL50 bulbs as they are made for the kits. These were supposed to go into my personal car however I cannot fit the D2S base in my H7 high beams or my 9006 Fogs. The only reason they have been difficult to come by is because there were only 3 different companies manufacturing ballasts for Phillips 50W bulbs. Also for Phillips to sell you the individual bulbs directly they would cost more than twice what we get them for. We buy in quantity in order to pass the savings along to the client (see image below).

·
Banned
386 Posts
Are you sure those ballast are made by phillips? If I recall right everyone on the HID forums swear that phillips dont make ballasts.... I could be wrong though

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cali6869 said:
Are you sure those ballast are made by phillips? If I recall right everyone on the HID forums swear that Phillips dont make ballasts.... I could be wrong though
I never said the ballasts were made by Phillips. They are made by Xenlight. They have been working in conjunction with Phillips to meet all Phillips and GM automotive ballast lighting requirements. The Xenlight ballasts are virtually indestructable. You cannot short them out as they have safety electronics built in. Likewise the high voltage output risk of electrocution has been reduced in comparison to other available ballasts including the LVQ-212 model which most people use in their kits. The ballasts carry a lifetime warranty against failure and should the ballast be compromised in any way not withstanding physically damaging it by force, it will be replaced without hesitation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts