BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have my second "project M6" almost back to the shop... thought I would post some pictures. The exterior was inspired by the F13 M6 coupe that was at the BMW M festival, it was in a custom one-off BMW color called "Neon Gruen Metallic". It was love at first sight, and I had to get the color.

***It turns out, color #262 is BLANK. BMW never released the color code for this color, because they never intended to use this again. So, after about 20-different phone calls to BMW M GmBh and BMW individual, I ended up getting in contact with the company who made this M6 this very special color. Koch Foiltechnik in Munchen is the one who did the "WRAP" on this car. It is not even a paint, it turns out. I spoke with the owner of this company and informed him that I was given permission by BMW individual to have this paint information and then a day later ~ I had the wrap sample at my doorstep of the shop. We color matched it last week & now I have a car in this color. I am pretty sure it is safe to say I have the only other BMW in this color, aside from the F13 M6 that BMW owns, kinda feels special. Without further delay, here are the pics:

I have one more M6 at the paint shop, it is my 06 with 7500-miles. Atacama yellow Metallic for me on that one. Then my collection is complete, alongside the Sakhir, Monaco, & Alpine white beasts.

Thank you for viewing my thread.

Best,

Troy Jeup

·
2,132 Posts
Sick! it actiually does looks bad ***!

I love how you just called up BMW M! I would have many questions for them!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Off topic but... do you speak German or was everyone you called English-speaking?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Off topic but... do you speak German or was everyone you called English-speaking?
Rick,

I am fluent in German now thanks to Rosetta Stone. ;-)

....kidding.

They spoke English, although very choppy and hard to understand at times. To be honest, they are normal and very easy to get ahold of. Very passionate people who love their jobs.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
555 Posts
Rick,

I am fluent in German now thanks to Rosetta Stone. ;-)

....kidding.

They spoke English, although very choppy and hard to understand at times. To be honest, they are normal and very easy to get ahold of. Very passionate people who love their jobs.

did you finish the sakhir orange yet?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is an update... I have been very busy, so this is not yet put together. As well as I am putting one of my 5.4L "big bore" S85 in the car, so it is a ways from being ready for the road. Most likely in March I will have it on the road...lol I really love this color, I love the fact that it is not a metallic.

Thanks for your interest,

Troy Jeup

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wow. That is one awesome color. That's very good looking. Continue on! :applause:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Awesome color! Way to think outside of the box, love it!

Keep up the great work Troy!

·
Registered
32 Posts
wow...dream shop you have there! LEt's see a picture of all the colors together :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry I'm new on this forum but I wanted to say how much I love the color choice!!

I wanted to PM you but I didn't have 45 posts. I wanted to reach out to you and see if you could help me though... I have an s2000 which used to be the lotus krypton green; and I really liked it but it wasn't quite as green or neon ish as I wanted. This was a couple years ago and I've been thru two paint jobs/builds since then with the car and currently on a new build with it. This is the most intensive build I've done yet (all kinds of custom fab and turbo setup/widebody etc) and I want to do another lime yellow/green color and I fell in love with the color you chose!! I was wondering if I could pay you for that paint code? I would appreciate it soo much. Thanks for your time!!!! Here's a pic of the s2k when it was krypton:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry I'm new on this forum but I wanted to say how much I love the color choice!!

I wanted to PM you but I didn't have 45 posts. I wanted to reach out to you and see if you could help me though... I have an s2000 which used to be the lotus krypton green; and I really liked it but it wasn't quite as green or neon ish as I wanted. This was a couple years ago and I've been thru two paint jobs/builds since then with the car and currently on a new build with it. This is the most intensive build I've done yet (all kinds of custom fab and turbo setup/widebody etc) and I want to do another lime yellow/green color and I fell in love with the color you chose!! I was wondering if I could pay you for that paint code? I would appreciate it soo much. Thanks for your time!!!! Here's a pic of the s2k when it was krypton:

Thanks for the kind words. Feel free to call or text to my cell and I can send you a piece of the sample from BMW. This is a foil (wrap), but I had them color match it perfectly.

Best,

Troy Jeup

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bump..

Finally have time to get my cars put together.. a few teaser shots before the car is done this weekend. :1::1:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts