BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 702 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Teaser alert -

It's official. Troy completed the build and testing of his 6.0 Stroker in my car today! The results are impressive to say the least and I can't wait to feel what all the unleashed horsepower and torque are like. Can't thank Troy enough for all his feedback both positive and negative while he worked out all the details. We're just waiting for the transporter to pickup and deliver.

So, while you wait with me here are a couple of pics :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Was anything wrong with your stock motor? Or did you just decide to pull the trigger on the 6.0?

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
Need dynos as I have seen the pics!!
hiha

Reactions: Kazakh015

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
I've asked this on other threads and asking again. Who's doing the tuning for this motor? Or is just a "plug-n-play"?

It definitely looks sweet and I'm excited to see vids of this car against other M5s; don't really care about dyno numbers.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've asked this on other threads and asking again. Who's doing the tuning for this motor? Or is just a "plug-n-play"?

It definitely looks sweet and I'm excited to see vids of this car against other M5s; don't really care about dyno numbers.

You're right on the money with comparing dynos. I pulled several that have been posted and it would be difficult to compare them side by side for various reasons but not limited to: type of dyno, what gear the pull was made in, air temp etc.

I can tell you based on the information Troy provided the rwhp is ~160 over what I had previously. Once the car is back we'll put it on the dyno again to compare.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How much did it all cost out the door? Just trying to get a rough estimate..

I'm sure Troy has a pricing model but since my build included some other items and we didn't keep track of just the stroker vs everything else I can only provide the following rough estimate: If Dinan = $$$$$, then Troy would = $$$$

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
You're right on the money with comparing dynos. I pulled several that have been posted and it would be difficult to compare them side by side for various reasons but not limited to: type of dyno, what gear the pull was made in, air temp etc.

I can tell you based on the information Troy provided the rwhp is ~160 over what I had previously. Once the car is back we'll put it on the dyno again to compare.
That's a nice big number. Are there any other mods on your car?

I'm sure Troy has a pricing model but since my build included some other items and we didn't keep track of just the stroker vs everything else I can only provide the following rough estimate: If Dinan = $$$$$, then Troy would = $$$$
Troy had mentioned it'll be in the low twenty thousands in the first post of his thread here: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/403938-thank-you-everyone-m5board.html

·
Registered
13,461 Posts

He has a tuner called Randy who does all the rewriting of the software.

·
Registered
13,461 Posts

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
I heard 24k :)
Yeah I remembered $24K being mentioned specically somewhere but couldn't find it. Just the post in the thread above.

1 - 20 of 702 Posts