BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So Josh (bmwusa) and I (Sc'dkellenersM5) decided that after shooting guns today that we had not had our fill of "man-ly" activities. So we decided that after riding around in cars, going to the shooting range and having a BBQ later today that we needed to find something constructive with our energy to tide us over till said BBQ.

So we modified Josh's Troy Built lawn mower. I consulted Discovery Automotive about the modifications and with their assistance, Josh and myself now have created the most powerful lawn mower in TX.

After running out premium 93 in the mower (it also runs Mobil 1 Syn oil), we decided to use 108 octane that I had purchased. It seemed to really make the mower hummm.. We also tried using a left over Vette z06 intake and we have even go so far as to think about getting a iridium spark plug and straight pipes for the exhaust. We are thinking about going into business with our modifications and if you would like any information please PM one of us.

We took some pictures and due to their larger size, we could not host them here on the board but we did however host them on imagestation. I encourage those who enjoy modifying anything mechanical to check it out.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2127728900

PS...that is a Gtech Pro, thats how we know we have the most powerful mower. We picked up some serious torque measured at the blade. Dont ask how we tested "at the blade" but some one is missing a finger now...josh shalt be known as "stumpy"

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We also will have a public showing of the mower to all those interested. It will be held at The Martini Bar on Staples Rd, just past Holly Rd here in Corpus Christi tonight (9pm).

We will post pictures of the unveiling as well. Josh shall be showcasing his smooth vocal stylings tonight, and I suggest all who are interested attend.

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
hiha :thumbsup:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SuperCharged said:
The lawn mower picts were funny but I personally liked this one

I agree this guy is crazy, you look in his trunk and hes got a big ole O2 tank right next to his Nos tank, extreme situations call for extreme measures, Josh

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
I have a yard that needs to be mowed. Bring that mower on over.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MAH said:
I have a yard that needs to be mowed. Bring that mower on over.
Wouldnt that be sight, I could just throw the mower in the back of the M5 and drive it up to Houston, Im sure that would get a few looks. I could wear the helmet to for added effect just in case people on the interstate werent already laughing their *** off seeing a mower hanging out the trunk of a M5. Josh

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Glad to see you all are getting Rob into the local mowing scene--maybe that will make him feel more at home down there in TX. Do you guys really have lawn mower races like on "King of the Hill" :flag: :haha:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Hey, Josh:

Is that an HGU-55 you're sporting there? It should be standard issue for M5 pilots along with G-suit and MBU. What do you fly, if you don't mind me asking?

:cheers:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
schnelleM5 said:
Hey, Josh:

Is that an HGU-55 you're sporting there? It should be standard issue for M5 pilots along with G-suit and MBU. What do you fly, if you don't mind me asking?

As far as the mil nomenclature on the helmet I am unsure, Its what they issued me up at Vance AFB when I was flying the venerable T-37:M5thumbs: , I see that your from Owatana, MN I used to live in St. paul, I got my undergraduates at St. Thomas University, Its nice to see Minnesota representing up on the Board! Josh

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
hiha Yeah, I had a a teacher at school who was a check airman in those. He loved them, but then again most pilots love airplanes, faults included. Ugly as sin that airplane is.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BmwNut said:
hiha Yeah, I had a a teacher at school who was a check airman in those. He loved them, but then again most pilots love airplanes, faults included. Ugly as sin that airplane is.
Yeah she wasnt pretty, but she was a tough little thing, you could pull alot of G's and boy was it fun flying Aero and form in her, but she was a drinker, she would turn 2000 lbs of JP-8 into noise in about an hour and twenty minutes, Josh

Now I am flying the T-44, this thing flys forever, I wish it would run out of gas, shorter missions would equal more time for me to cherrsagai

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
bmwusa said:
Now I am flying the T-44, this thing flys forever, I wish it would run out of gas, shorter missions would equal more time for me to cherrsagai
That's been my problem lately. Too many flights, not enough beers. I wont dare mix aviation and beer, so it really curtails my party schedule. I got this weekend off, so here I'll be cherrsagai till the sun comes up.
Flying and drinking, what a great life. Now all I need is a nice car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts