BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, excuse me for my english :byee55amg
Straight to the point, i own 2000 bmw alpina b10 v8 347ps.yesterday while driving on the highway i heard weird noise from the engine(like banging), and lately diagnostics revealed lack of compression in 2 cylinders!My question is if it turns out to be valves or anything else where should i buy parts from?I mean is my engine same as X5 4.6is or there are differences?Where can i see wihch parts are same as X5's?Thank you in advance,best regards, Dimitar Zhekov.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Hello everybody, excuse me for my english :byee55amg
Straight to the point, i own 2000 bmw alpina b10 v8 347ps.yesterday while driving on the highway i heard weird noise from the engine(like banging), and lately diagnostics revealed lack of compression in 2 cylinders!My question is if it turns out to be valves or anything else where should i buy parts from?I mean is my engine same as X5 4.6is or there are differences?Where can i see wihch parts are same as X5's?Thank you in advance,best regards, Dimitar Zhekov.
dimitar ko stava, who done the diagnostics for you and how is the performance of the car after you heard these noises, you should be able to get parts direct from alpina because as far as i know there is no alpina dealer in bulgaria, if they are normal bmw parts then use one of the dealers in burgas, ruse,or sofia, which part of bulgaria are you in as i also live in bulgaria in the summer..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no problem ordering from alpina directly, but that's the point,how can i see which part are same as bmw X5's?Is there any list or something in the web,where i can see which part is different, and which is the same!The diagnostics were made by BMW dealership in Varna, the car suffers minior loss of power,but hardly notisable, only thisbanging noise when accelerating!Valves,or anithing else?

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
There is no problem ordering from alpina directly, but that's the point,how can i see which part are same as bmw X5's?Is there any list or something in the web,where i can see which part is different, and which is the same!The diagnostics were made by BMW dealership in Varna, the car suffers minior loss of power,but hardly notisable, only thisbanging noise when accelerating!Valves,or anithing else?
if the power drop is not really that much i dont think it is valves otherwise you would notice big drop in performance, did the dealer in varna check anything else apart from just diagnostics.. who is going to do the work on your car?.. if it is this dealer have they worked on any of these engines before.. i would be very very careful about dealer in bulgaria working on your car as they do not have all the correct tools to work on many bmws... yes its much cheaper than rest of europe to get work done there but you need to think about their experience and tools to work on your car.. some one on here has a parts guide for your car which you can compare, hopefully somebody will post soon, also the dealer in plovdiv used to have a technician with 25 years experience who also worked in germany but i dont know if he is still there, maybe they have experience of this before with your engine

·
Registered
1,511 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm very pleased to see you make that head gasket guess, because bmw dealer in my city made same too!They want to replace both gaskets, obviously this is common problem with this engine!Are there any further problems, after putting metal head gasket from X5?

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I'm very pleased to see you make that head gasket guess, because bmw dealer in my city made same too!They want to replace both gaskets, obviously this is common problem with this engine!Are there any further problems, after putting metal head gasket from X5?
no because you will have the metal gaskets from x5 so there should be no further problems unless there is other damage to engine

·
Registered
620 Posts
but he should replace BOTH not only one ;) ...happened on a e34 B10 4,6....and then the engine died on the other bank....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
4 Participants
Dirk BT
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing