·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Awesome pic!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
Car angry from sitting for so long without being regularly driven. Just put an order in for bluebus, so excited to get this unit and install it! I'm hoping for the best.. it looks awesome.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
Pandemic update.. finally got out for some pics..
Foggy morning , man fog makes titanium silver pop the shadows and lines of this car..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
Messing around with my daughters iPad program, man nothing like the side crease door sill line on an E39 front to back...

Long body E38 mode ha

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Haha.
Cool fog pics, though.
I need to update my thread. Got a bunch done over the pandemic, just need to find the time to upload stuff.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
I hate you TexaZ3, you made me do it by turning me on to this.

Or do I love you??

We shall see...

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
Finally gave my car some love this past Friday, took a vacation day from work, thank god it cooled off that day but so still managed a full on drench sweat.

Eventuri intake time! While I had the bumper off I dug around and was able to find a tiny little star nuts I purchased a long time ago that hold the grill in place properly so I installed them. The only trouble I had was that my LED bulbs for the angel eyes were too long and were rubbing against the carbon fiber con so I ended up swapping them out for my OE ones.

That was before..

This intake sound is Ungodly!!!!!! I swear I have more immediate power now too...

·
Registered
01 Carbon/Silverstone
2,674 Posts
Nice! What is your assessment of the quality of the product? And are the filters washable/reusable?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
Quality really is exceptional, all stainless steel fasteners, the metal brackets are stainless with black powdercoat, the carbon fiber was just impeccable as was the gloss finish on the outside. The only thing I was not a fan of was the bracket that you need to attach where the neoprene foglight hose comes into the engine bay, seems like there could have been a much better solution to this, as the bracket essentially blocks like 20-30% of the air coming through that tube.

Regardless, the way the intake cones are off to the side and have a slot so that air can enter freely, it yanks air in from the front, side of hood area and from the fog light duct. There is a distinct feeling of quicker throttle response from the less restrictive air flow. The third gear highway pulls to redline with this intake are UNGODLY. I have a few videos made, will have to get them uploaded so I can share them.

The filters are dry and re-usable. Here is some information on the filter elements:
Filters | Eventuri

Reactions: TexaZ3

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
Just for my M5Board homies!

Use some headphones if you really want to hear this sound well, and just a note that these videos don't do it justice, it's an experience being in the car doing a hard pull with these intakes.

Intake sound directly from engine bay:

Highway pull with my son holding iphone camera (audio just being recorded on the iphone, inside my car front passenger seat, all windows up)

Another on-ramp highway pull

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Yup! They are pretty awesome. I have an Eventuri intake on my E46M and it is a beautifully crafted piece, and the sound is pretty intoxicating at WOT. Maybe I should get one for the M5 as well....

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
Yup! They are pretty awesome. I have an Eventuri intake on my E46M and it is a beautifully crafted piece, and the sound is pretty intoxicating at WOT. Maybe I should get one for the M5 as well....
DO IT! There's something exceptional about the way this intake sounds with the V8, especially since there are 2 intake filters, like twice the sucking sound and power. Now I can't wait to go drive my car more than ever and I have no reason to be driving my car, damnit!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
Just tossing a few images of the engine bay with a bit more brightness..

Reactions: OjaiM5

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
Oh, and I finally got my bluebus, am still playing with it and have yet to dig into my trunk and find the proper digital coax cable, or determine that it's not actually there so I can order one.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Oh, and I finally got my bluebus, am still playing with it and have yet to dig into my trunk and find the proper digital coax cable, or determine that it's not actually there so I can order one.
View attachment 942918
View attachment 942919
View attachment 942920
View attachment 942921
Nice! Should be getting mine sometime next month. Getting excited the closer it gets to October. As for the digital coax cable, you could try some of the local junkyards if you don't have one. I would check out the local pick-n-pulls inventory online by seeing what cars they have. Then copy the last 7 of the vin and do a vin report to check if the car had DSP. If so, then I'd head down there to see if the cable was still in the car. Managed to score 2 of those cables doing that in case one doesn't work.

·
Registered
60 Posts
just has the Eventuri intake installed and totally worth it! sound is amazing, but also increases overall drivability. throttle responsive has improved, very similar to having "Sport" on but not that aggressive, probably half way between off and on

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #239
Yes! Glad you like it. I yearn to drive my car now since I am mostly working from home.. YEARN

221 - 240 of 271 Posts