BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The E86 doesn't get much love here. I'm planning on some big mods to the little-beast and this was my first step to determine if more could be done.

I spent the day with the guys at Kelleners-Sport today. I was the first Z4 M that they have had the chance to mess with and in a matter of five hours, I am certainly pleased with the results. This trip was to determine if they could read the DME and if so, what could be done.

Well, attached are the dyno numbers and graphs. Doing the conversion from kW to HP, I baselined at 328.937 HP with a stock car other than the removal of the single charcoal filter. A post ECU tune resulted in 342.226 HP or a gain of 13.289 HP. Not bad for five hours of work. Oh yea, they lifted the limiter too.

I have plans to drop S54 CSL cams into the engine on my next trip with the CSL airbox and installation of Evosport Headers and race cats. This will complete my engine tuning and I'll then focus on the suspension in time for a nice summer up at the Nordschleife.
<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

Attachments

·
Registered
467 Posts
wow Russ didn't know you had a Z4M! congrats and it's definitely refreshing to see that it's getting KELLENERS treatment! can u post pics of your car please at the kelleners facility if you have some?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow Russ didn't know you had a Z4M! congrats and it's definitely refreshing to see that it's getting KELLENERS treatment! can u post pics of your car please at the kelleners facility if you have some?
I will once I get the full treatment done. I was up there two days ago and the weather was miserable so no pictures. Andy and I sat around BS'ing about cars and politics and I forgot about taking pics even though I had my camera in my bag.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I am not paying my taxes this year, as Russ is being paid way to much. :7:

Ya know KW makes coilovers for the M coupe.....just sayinmmmmmm

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I am not paying my taxes this year, as Russ is being paid way to much. :7:

Ya know KW makes coilovers for the M coupe.....just sayinmmmmmm
I have Herr Hoffman from Bilstein working on a custom set for my car. He is also an avid Nordschleife driver and has facilities next door on the Nordschleife so if valves or springs need to be changed, it can be done on site.:blink: I was considering the KW V3's, but I'm going with some PSS10's.

As for the tax situation...

I have over 21 years working for Uncle Sam. There have been some unpleasant moments. I hope I am worth your hard-earned tax dollars as well as the rest of us poor saps.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Nice work, Russ! What year is your M coupe and what color? :)
Right now it's Sapphire Black on Imola Red with Carbon Leather (sound familiar:)). Soon the red seats will be gone and replaced with black Recaro seats. I'm still seriously considering a full set of carbon fiber body sheets from TCKline which should shed a few pounds of weight. That will likely happen around this time next year. At the same time it will probably get painted in white. We'll see. I have a lot of plans to take care of for the end of March in time for the Ring.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Here is a good start.

http://www.ralfkelleners.com/

Last year before I sold it, I drove a couple laps with him on the Nordschleife in my stock 2004 VW R32 with 240 PS. We overtook EVERYTHING!

·
Registered
547 Posts
The E86 doesn't get much love here. I'm planning on some big mods to the little-beast and this was my first step to determine if more could be done.

I spent the day with the guys at Kelleners-Sport today. I was the first Z4 M that they have had the chance to mess with and in a matter of five hours, I am certainly pleased with the results. This trip was to determine if they could read the DME and if so, what could be done.

Well, attached are the dyno numbers and graphs. Doing the conversion from kW to HP, I baselined at 328.937 HP with a stock car other than the removal of the single charcoal filter. A post ECU tune resulted in 342.226 HP or a gain of 13.289 HP. Not bad for five hours of work. Oh yea, they lifted the limiter too.

I have plans to drop S54 CSL cams into the engine on my next trip with the CSL airbox and installation of Evosport Headers and race cats. This will complete my engine tuning and I'll then focus on the suspension in time for a nice summer up at the Nordschleife.
<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->
Do you tested the max speed, now?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you tested the max speed, now?
I tested the top end on the car two days ago. I am disappointed to report that the limiter is still intact. Ralf explained that they raised the 'soft limiter', but were unable to find and raise the 'hard limiter'. I'm not sure what he means. I intend to ask him. At any rate, I'm pleased with the power gain more than the raised limiter. I don't think I could get the car going faster than that on the ring until I supercharge the engine anyway.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Russ, didn't know you bought a Z4M. Great!

Dedicated Ringtoy?
Yes it is. Hope to have my suspension and seats installed late next week.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Reactions: Taipan

·
Registered
946 Posts
We want picturesss :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts