BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So got the call yesterday--went in to see the new M3, white on black with MT. The care is even more impressive in person. Love the powerdome and all the lines on the car. Too bad they didnt make the sharkfin CF too--but that is a small point and can be replaced. The interior is much nicer than the 335i I have as you would expect. Too bad the interior is not Indy Red!!!!

Here are the pics videos of the new arrival on his compadres! cherrsagai

First the M3 pix:

UGH, I hate those side reflectors. Good news is they are removable!!!! Appear to be just stuck on so careful removal is possible (like debadging)

Carbon Leather dash...interesting but i would do real CF instead

An the INVOICE:eek:oohhh:

Chromed out

335i cabrio

LED on Pearl White 650i cabrio

Notice this 650i has chrome 5 spokes... pretty slick but not really for me :cool2:. These pictures don't do the color justice--it is really very sharp. Lots of metallic specs in the paint.

5er

Video of startup
2008 e92 BMW M3 Coupe in Pittsburgh
Engine bay
2008 BMW M3 Engine bay (running)

As for the other white knights on display, here they are:

Enjoy...

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Nice pix!

Interesting to see the similarities with the M6...the nose/front fascia, CF roof, even the M side grill...

·
Registered
370 Posts
Wow that m3 is real nice and white by far is the best color for it... i agree bout the carbon leather should have been like in the m6

·
Registered
651 Posts
saw it a few days ago too. impressive looking car. didnt like the leather carbon fiber. also the headliner is not suede. 70K for an M3 is pushing it i think. but oh wells. the current lease offer i was given was 36 months 5K down 12K miles. 1345$. i said i'll pass and wait till the summer. i'd rather get an M5 for those numbers..

·
Registered
991 Posts
saw it a few days ago too. impressive looking car. didnt like the leather carbon fiber. also the headliner is not suede. 70K for an M3 is pushing it i think. but oh wells. the current lease offer i was given was 36 months 5K down 12K miles. 1345$. i said i'll pass and wait till the summer. i'd rather get an M5 for those numbers..
Sweet cars but a little expensive for what you are getting in the end. I would def rather get a stock used M5 or 550 on something ridiculous like 22's than shell out that kind of money for a 3 series. Shoot, there are way too many BMW models out there for a way better deal.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Sweet cars but a little expensive for what you are getting in the end. I would def rather get a stock used M5 or 550 on something ridiculous like 22's than shell out that kind of money for a 3 series. Shoot, there are way too many BMW models out there for a way better deal.

exactly. i think you can get a new M5 with a lease deal like that. not my cup of tea. its real small, the 4 door one is actually better in my opinion, just because the rear end of the car looks more aggressive. the numbers really suck for the car. im getting feedback from m3post that their are dealerships doing 25K over. 10K over..i was like WTF this aint no M5/M6 that only limited of them where made in the beginning..pay close to 100K for a 3 series? no thanks..:nono::dunno:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
UGH, I hate those side reflectors. Good news is they are removable!!!! Appear to be just stuck on so careful removal is possible (like debadging)
Unfortunately not that easy. The NA bumper cover is different from the Euro cover in that it has indentations for the reflectors so you cannot simply remove the reflectors. About the best you can do is either paint the reflectors or order the Euro cover and have it painted

·
Registered
192 Posts
nice pics I love the new M3s.. I wish M6s come with that hood..

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunately not that easy. The NA bumper cover is different from the Euro cover in that it has indentations for the reflectors so you cannot simply remove the reflectors. About the best you can do is either paint the reflectors or order the Euro cover and have it painted
Not my impression and my converstion... dont confuse the regular 3 series with this.. this appeared stuck on top of the bummber and was not flush (i.e. inline) with the bumper body. SA though this was also superficial... so it should be fine. Did you happen to take one off? I have close up and I looked closely, and it didnt seem to be a problem. anyone else take a look and let us know. They just look hideous!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
We had a run the other morning and the guy just bought his new M3. Sounds lovely! Although I did find the interior slightly disappointing, it was a great drivers car IMO. Has quite a kick for a 4litre v8!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
:eek:oohhh:OMG!!!!!!!!!!:eek:oohhh: That Grey color M3 is amazing!!!!! :eek:oohhh::eek:oohhh::eek:oohhh:

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is a wicked color... is that SGM like we have on M6? It looks a bit darker but it may just be because its overcast.... love the look wet!

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
if that is space grey....and please tell me it is..I am one happy boy!!:7:
I Cannot wait to pick up this car!!
Those look like the stock 18in wheels but powdercoated ....can you confirm??
S

1 - 15 of 15 Posts