BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I removed my trim this weekend. I decided to take a few pics and write some comments. Job took about 1.5 hour but should be no more than an hour with some guidance.

Feel free to ask questions or for clarification.

I will post a better version later and give appropriate credits for the pics I stole.

Cheers.

Ryan

Also, only real issues I had was I broke a few trim connectors in front door panels.

Trim Removal Document

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Thanks for the doc....

really informative..

any chance we can get a shot of the back of the trim...
I am curious as of how the trim is mounted (i.e fastener, etc)/

Regardz,

J Irwan

·
Registered
310 Posts
Links are dead, anyone still have this document, or something similar?

I'm going to be taking apart much of my interior including some of the carpet and parts of the rear seats (I need to run wires all the way along the car from console to trunk). Maybe I was searching incorrectly, but I couldn't find anything particularly helpful. I did see the center console topic on the main page, but I have a feeling this is a bit more complicated.

-Dave

·
Registered
31 Posts
Me too. I am going to take appart the back two doors off to fix a water leak I am getting into the back of my M5

My tech told me that if the back window switches were worked on that there is a piece of plastic that needs to be sealed up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry about bumping this somewhat old thread, but I have the document and you can find it attached here below. :)

Thanks for writing this guide!

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts