BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s everyone using for trickle chargers these days? I’m barely ever leaving my house now that I’m in WFH status for the long haul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
I have a couple of these that I've used for the past few years.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I had my M5 on the same battery for 10 years. For as long as I have owned the car.
Only thing I have used was a battery tender.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have one of the Junior models on my f10 535 and the Plus model for my M5. Money well spent as you will greatly extend the life of your battery.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Some black and decker charger that I used for a long time on many different cars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have two of these and rotate the cars through and keep all the batteries happy.

·
Registered
160 Posts
CTEK MXS 10, have the comfort plug plumbed into the points under the bonnet (hood). Brilliant charger, cycles the battery when needed etc to keep it in great shape.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Walmart bought Schumacher SE-520ma

Trickle charger with battery charge and jump start capability. Have had it for like three years and works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Have two of these and rotate the cars through and keep all the batteries happy.

I have this on the M5

·
2,097 Posts
I may be lucky but I've never had to use a trickle charger / batt conditioner / etc. My car sits for about a month every year when we go out of town. If I was worried I'd just disconnect the battery.

Maybe trickle chargers are damaging batteries? Just thinking out loud...

·
Registered
221 Posts
CTEK 4.3

I start my car about less than once a month and drive about 500 miles on it a year. It has never failed me and sometimes i go without hooking it up for a couple of weeks.

I like it, don't know how long if my battery will last longer though because the battery is only on it's 4th year old

·
Registered
81 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts