·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, in the past 3 days a few things have changed on my car
-Installed AA CAI
-Installed UF IATS Relocation
-Had a new power steering pump put in my dealership

Today, driving back from the dealer, I noticed a ringing triangle (thing dinner bell) when the RPMs are above 1500 rpm. It seems like it's from the front left side of the car. Can't hear it from outside the car, just while in cabin with doors closed and radio off. Does it if car is stopped or in motion. It's a function of throttle, not movement.

Don't know if it's something from the AA CAI (brake ducts maybe?) resonating some metal together, or if it's always been there. I don't THINK it was there before, but every time I go to the dealer I am honed in checking for every little thing that they may have caused to happen.

Any thoughts on what to check or what I might be? I'm hoping it part of the wheel liners or belly pan with a screw in post not secured and it's vibrating up against the metal brake ducts.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Cracked inner pipe on the stock header?(worst case)
Header bolt(S) loose at the collector flange.
Have you pinned down what side it might be from?
Then the best: Someone stuck a triangle under your car? :hihihi:

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear it on the left side when I'm in the car, but I can't hear it at all outside the car with the hood open. Something that sounds that serious seems like it would be much more audible when I'm outside the car, would it not?

Is the headers something you have to access from underneath?

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Yes I cracked mine off inside on one of the sections.

Have someone bring the idle up while next to the car(of coarse someone you trust).
I had a slight metal sound from idle while cold till about 1500.
Once it warmed up the sound was everyso often.
With a Jack and stands, slide under and have a look.
Look for the bolts to be loose, and look things over.

·
Registered
376 Posts
This may sound stupid...but...could of someone left a wrench (or a spare part) trapped some where around your engine? hmmm

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts